Friday, August 9, 2019

I almost let someone know I was gonna be real late getting back to work.

On my way back to work today (from my lunch break), I had a pretty scary experience.

I was driving down the road, jamming to Queen, letting Ricardo lead the way when it almost hit me. And by "it" I mean a big ass semi. I have to go through quite a few stoplights to/from my house to the office, and one set is three consecutive lights. I got through the first two and as I was going through the third, a semi driver decided that he would not only run a red light, but that he would also make a u-turn.

Effectively being as dangerous as possible and nearly making me pee my pants.

I had my windows down and by the time I realized what he was doing, he was so close that all I could do was slam on my brakes and swerve. It must have been instinctual or something, because I stuck my arm up to shield myself before I even realized what I was doing.... and he was so close that my hand actually touched his grill.

Luckily, nobody was hurt and a wreck didn't happen, but I really hope that dude pays a little more attention and doesn't pull any shit like that again.

Now, once I get off of work, I have to run to the grocery store (my pups need food!), then I have to clean the house when I get home.... and then I think I'll stay inside and not do anything else for tonight (maybe the whole weekend?), because my anxiety is very unhappy with me right now.

TFGIFF, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment