Sunday, August 25, 2019

Tomorrow is my friend, Ashley's, 31st birthday (but if anybody asks, she's 26 and holding on for dear life).

And in honor of said birthday, I thought that I would put it out there, that I still adore this amazing friend of mine and that I wish her all the best and nothing but happiness.

We've been through alot, her and I. We've been in situations that we maybe shouldn't have made it out of, had each others backs at some pretty dicey moments, and looked out for each other on many fronts. While we don't talk as much as what either of us would like, we both know, without fail, that we still have one another if we need them.

When we met, we were both CNA's and she was seeing a friend of my brother's (and then later on, my brother). The first night we hung out (outside of work) she brought me White Castle at two in the morning, and I knew from then on she was a keeper. ;) From there, our friendship was hilarious, and bumpy, and weird, and so much fun.


Between work and having friends in common, we used to spend alot of time together. I couldn't tell you how many long shifts we had to pull in a row (we're talk 16-18 hours, for weeks on end with no break), and how many times we would get off of work and not be able to sleep from all the adrenaline that we had (people wouldn't think that working in a nursing home would be that insane, but those people didn't work Hall 6). There were times that sleep eluded us and we would just carry on with it like we didn't need to sleep (ah, to by 18/20 again).

When she got pregnant with her first child (Baby Izzy, whom I also adore), she lived with us and we were together more often than not. I couldn't even count how many late night snack runs we made, how many times she let me drive her truck (which by the way, I looovvveeedddd and was the only one who didn't smash it), and how many inside jokes that we have.

Some of my favorite memories of ours (for me) include: watching Strangers and then promptly not being able to be alone at any point for at least two weeks, taking road trips for Christmas shopping (we lived in the boonies) while rocking out to "So What" and "Drinkin' Problem", going on a vodka fueled four-wheeler riding/hiking excursion with her cousin, all those long nights on Hall 6, and everything in between and after.

Also, I feel the need to say, back in the day when she had Izzy, a picture was posted on FB, and once D and his family (aka, grandmother and mother) saw it (we unfortunately lost touch for a bit after we moved out of FL, all due to a bunch of giant misunderstandings), they thought that I had gotten pregnant at seventeen and ran away. And while they now know that I would have never done something like that (I talked to D's mom last time she was up here, and she apologized and insisted it was just because the resemblance matched so close and the timing all lined up perfectly, and the situation that Momma and I were in there did us absolutely no favors and we had to get out of there quick), I was never mad about it. I do however find it hilarious that so many people thought we resembled when he was a baby and I was younger.

Now, she's now the wonderful mother of two beautiful children, and I am so very proud of her.

So, here's to you, AND THEN!! I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that you have a blessed life full of love, humor, kindness, and that you get everything that you've ever wanted. You deserve that, and so very much more. I love you. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment