Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I finally met one of my FIL's and had a great time.

D's stepdad had to fly into Indy for work and we actually got to pick him up and spend a few hours with him. I had never met him before (I've only ever met his dad one time and that's when we were sixteen for about two minutes), but assumed he would be awesome, since D thinks so highly of him.

I was right, he is awesome. We got to pick him up around 7:30 at night (from the place his company was having a gathering) and took him back to his hotel later on (we didn't get home until after midnight!). You should have seen me driving on the highway with limited vision, no sense of direction, and a lead foot.... it was fairly comical.

Not to mention, our pups seemed to thoroughly enjoy having their grandpa/a new face around to visit for a bit.

We wish he could have stayed longer and that D's mom could have come with him, but we at least got to have dinner with him (D cooked ribs and I made mashed taters/gravy and green beans) and hang out for a few hours. Even though we had absolutely zero light in our living room.... another story for another day.

We can't wait to see them all again and will still be heading down in March to see his entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment