Monday, December 2, 2019

I was not ready to come back to work after four and a half days off.

My Thanksgiving "holiday" was pretty productive in the fact that not only did I get stuff around the house done, but I also binge-watched some movies and Hawaii Five-0. The Friday after Thanksgiving D had to work, but came home sick, so I watched a few without him and continued on through the weekend.

Thursday: I actually made Thanksgiving dinner for me and D all by myself. D was there for moral support, but I did all of the cooking. I had never cooked a turkey on my own (I wanted to do turkey breast, but D insisted we have a legit turkey, so we got a small one so us and our pups could eat), but I used a lot of butter and random spices, and roasted it in our oven for about three hours and damn. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but that shit was delicious. I don't know if it's a thing or not, but our turkey was literally falling off the bone and f*cking delicious. Between that and the sides I made, we were pretty stuffed. Also, D has declared that I am to make the turkey every year from now until eternity.

Friday: Greg came home for the weekend as this is his week to be at our house, but D and him had to work so it was just me and the pups chilling at the house. I has to run to the store to pick up my mortgage payment and some dog food.... completely forgetting the fact that it was "Black Friday." Ugh. I hate people with a fiery passion, but luckily I avoided too much headache and picked up some stuff that we needed (and a couple of things that I wanted). Nothing big, just little odds and ends. Then I grabbed a burger on my way home and commenced to watching movies with my pups. D came home sick (and no, it wasn't from my cooking, assholes) and while I planned on cleaning my house and tackling that back bedroom, I didn't do it and instead we just watched tv and cuddled with the pups all day.

Saturday: I reluctantly got my house clean and situated. Not that back bedroom, but the rest of the house was good to go. D was laid up on the couch still sick, so I didn't want to bother him and cleaned around him. It's amazing to me how messy two people (part-time three) and three pups can be. No worries though, I got it all done and now there's only spot cleaning and the usual (sweeping, dishes after meals, etc.) to do on the daily. I was going to do more, but decided I was "on vacation" and once again, watched movies with D and cuddled the pups instead.

Sunday: I FINALLY cleaned that back bedroom and got the heaping mound of laundry that has been taunting me started. While the back bedroom is still cluttered (it's kind of our guest/catch all room), it's an organized clutter and you can actually walk in it/use the bed. Which is nice considering that D's dad will be staying with us for four days towards the end of the month. While I still have a mountain of laundry to complete, which I have to do this evening, the fact that my entire house is clean makes me feel much better. I also may have drank a bit of alcohol to kickstart my urge to tackle that back bedroom and by the time D woke up I was pretty.... tipsy. (Stop judging me, I do what I want!) Luckily, he was feeling much better and he took me to the store (yes, again.... I had to get Tayder food, drinks, and pick up the stuff for the dinner we're making his stepdad). When we got home, we put the stuff away and then, guess what? Didn't do shit else. In fact, while we were watching tv with the pups, I actually fell asleep and took a nap. Now, I watch a ton of tv (#noregrets), but I NEVER nap. When I woke up just a little bit later, D was cooking supper, so I showered and did supper dishes and then just hung out for the rest of the evening. I did a little cleaning, but nothing too drastic.

And now, it's Monday morning and not only am I back at work, but this is going to be a busy week for us. D's stepdad is flying into Indy tomorrow for business, so in the evening we're going to pick him up and bring him back to our house to cook him dinner. Then on Wednesday, they are finally coming to replace our bathroom window. They were supposed to do it in November, but I had to push it back for work, and the only day they had available was 12/4. Which is good, because at least it's before "hard" winter sets in. Oh, and Saturday is apparently Solae's Sweet 16, and I know I have to go and make an appearance, but I'm not sure how long we'll stay, because you know me and people.

On my list: try to start managing what I'm going to get people for Christmas this year. I'm not going to do much, but there are a few people I need to get things for, so.... we'll see how that goes. I'm not a bit excited for Christmas this year, any holidays actually, but D is persistent and forever trying to help me get through the rough patches that seem to entomb my life. I even let him get a tiny tree (that sets on our side table in the living room) for Christmas. It's a small step, but I'm trying.

So yeah, we'll see how this week plays out.... can we be back on home vacation again?

No comments:

Post a Comment