Monday, November 25, 2019

For the week of giving thanks, I sure want to kick a few people in the face.

Starting, but not stopping with my adorable fiance. But, we'll not get into that right now.

Today is the Mondayest of all Mondays and the fact that it's a short week has not lifted my spirits even the slightest. Frankly, I would have prefered to stay in bed with my pups and not move at all until I have to cook on Thursday, but that's neither here nor there. Apparently, participating in life is a healthy thing? Whatevs.

The weekend went by far too quick, as it always does, but at the very least, it was productive. While D worked on Saturday, I finally got the pit that I call a house cleaned up (except for the back bedroom, and it's more than a f*cking process), and Sunday was spent getting D his new phone (I kind of broke his last December/January and we finally got around to switching his plan over) and grocery shopping. Not only did I get the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving accomplished, but also the regular ole grocery shopping that has needed to be done forever, but I haven't had the umph to do.

Now, I can actually cook our dinner at home in the evenings instead of having to constantly order takeout. Which is good on the wallet and wasteline (probably?). Also, I think I've finally convinced D to go down to part-time, so it's only a matter of time before my life is in a semi-order. Maybe.

And of course, while we were at the store, I saw a pit of toys and my pups just HAD TO HAVE a new Christmas toy. Because, even though I'm not in a "holly jolly" spirit, there's no reason my pups should have to suffer for it. OH!! And I got a roasting pan so I can make the holiday turkeys/hams/regular ole stuff.... ok, it's not a "traditional" roasting pan like I wanted, but it's a pan that will definitely suffice and will now be used until the day I die to accomplish my many endeavors.

So.... the goals for my week are simple: show up for work for the next three days, attempt to keep my house clean, straighten up that f*cking back bedroom that is the bane of my existence, and cook Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday without having a nervous breakdown or setting my house ablaze.

Side note: since I didn't go to my cousins Thanksgiving thing on Saturday, because of my sickness, my aunt has convinced herself and my entire family that I'm pregnant. Not that the smell of mayo made me sick, because I couldn't keep anything down and had food poisoning, but because there's a human swimming around in there. PS: THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOT. And then I had to explain that my "lady doctor" is in there enough to where if I was, she would definitely tell me. Ugh.... holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment