Monday, February 24, 2020

My MIL came for a secret visit and I'm a terrible liar.

My MIL (Trisha) decided to fly up for the weekend (as most people know, D' entire family lives in Florida), but she wanted it to be a surprise for him. She sent me a message (we've always had a good relationship and talk/text a couple times a week) about a week or so before her trip and asked if I could help her keep the secret and surprise D. Of course, I was all for it, but the only problem is.... I'm a terrible liar. Especially to him. Can't lie for shit.

But, I held it in and started doing things around the house to try and prepare for company (ie: tried to clean up that back bedroom, and rearrange some stuff). The more I did, the more suspicious D got, but he wasn't exactly sure what he should be suspicious of.

By the time Friday rolled around, I took a half day at work so I could clean the house good and pick Trisha up at the airport. She offered to Uber to our house, but I just couldn't have that. Her flight didn't land until 5:30pm, so I called D on his way home from work and told him that I had some errands to run and I would be home shortly. He thought that was weird, because I never leave the house after five on a Friday (or, any other day, but whatever), but it's literally the only thing I could come up with.

I picked her up and while D called on our way home from the airport, we still managed to pull it off and completely shock him! He was so happy and surprised and I'm so glad we did it that way for him. She only got to stay through the weekend (boo!- luckily, we're heading down that way for vacation next month) and I took her back to the airport on Sunday, but between Friday and then we went to a little hole in the wall for breakfast, stopped by the Petco, shopped for supplies and made endless bloody mary's and beef jerky, and her and I watched Chicago PD. It was lowkey and not adventurous, but it was still fun and nice to have her around for a bit.

And also, to surprise D as much as we did!! All in all, I'd say it was a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment