Friday, February 14, 2020

In case you’re wondering what thirty looks like, this is it. ❤️

Yesterday was my thirtieth birthday and while I miss my Momma terribly, I think she would be happy that it went so well. Like any normal adult, my birthday fell on a Thursday, so it included going to work all day and cleaning my house.... my everyday routine that I try to keep up with regardless of the day.

But, D certainly went all out and not only got me my gold rose as a present, but he also brought home a dozen red roses, a new electric toothbrush (something that I've wanted for awhile), my favorite drinks, and cooked me dinner at home. He was going to take me out, but he knows that I prefer to stay home and love his cooking.

The poor guy was grilling for me in 19° weather (with the insane amount of wind and snow that was falling) and if that's not love, I don't know what is. He wouldn't let me help cook any of it and insisted that since it was my birthday, I should just relax and let him do all the work.

We ate, laughed, watched Justified, drank a little bit too much, and had a good time. It was nice and I think I might have fallen in love with him just a little bit more for seeing how much he cared. He also let me know that since my birthday is the day before Valentine's Day, it makes his life easier, because it's easy to remember.

I also received cards and messages from family and friends and everybody went out of their way to be sweet to me. All in all, if this is what thirty looks like, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment