Thursday, July 16, 2020

I planted flowers over the weekend. And most of them are still alive.

Saturday, after I had my blood drawn, I went out to Aunt Mary's to get some flowers for my front and back flowerbeds. With all the work that D put into the yard (it looks so nice!) and us keeping up on it together, I thought it was time to get some flowers in there to make it prettier. (Even though it looked nice without any plants in there.)

While I was going to plant them Saturday evening, a storm came through and there was hail the size of baseballs falling.... needless to say, it beat up my plants pretty good. But hey, at least they got watered, right? So, I planted them on Sunday. The majority of them are still a bit puny, but they're perennials, so even if they don't perk up this year, they'll be back and bright next year. Probably and most likely if I don't kill them by accident.

For now, there's some really beautiful blooms and we'll see what happens with the rest. (I'm even watering them everyday and keeping up with the whole thing.... so, score one for dealing with ongoing depression and anxiety, but trying like hell to keep going!) Hey, every little bit counts.... right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment