Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Those vampires looked nothing like Tom Cruise.

Last week, I had to go to my lady doctor for my annual checkup. Isn't that always the luck? The hottest day in the year thus far so happens to be the day that you have to go wait in a doctor's office in a hospital gown and face mask.

And don't get me wrong, I have no problem wearing a facemask. Are they uncomfortable and hot? Yes. Am I willing to wear one so I don't by chance infect a 95 year old grandpa with fifteen grandchildren and contribute to his death? Also, yes. Because the way my family life has been going for the last few years, the last thing I need is more bad juju.

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU, PEOPLE.

But, I digress. The point is, I went to my lady doctor (and yes, lady doctor is what I call my vagina doctor) on Thursday for my annual checkup and had to have some tests run. With my personal history and family history on both sides (even though I have nothing to do with my father or his side of the family, medical background is important), she suggested that I get genetic testing done. While that sounds scary and overwhelming, it was a simple blood test and apparently it can tell you a boatload of information.

When she suggested it, I took her word for it, because I trust her and her medical opinion. If she thinks it's something worth looking into, then I'll do it. If there's a problem, then we'll known which options are on the table. If not, better safe than sorry.

While I got my blood drawn for the genetic testing on Thursday, I had to have more drawn on Saturday for various other tests. You know, cholesterol, A1C, etc. I'm really not sure what all they're testing for, but they took eight tubes of blood, so hopefully they're testing it all at once.

And that's it. I haven't got the genetic testing back. I haven't received a call about the additional blood work yet. So now, I just wait. In Limbo until we all know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment