Monday, March 1, 2021

I got drunk and bought ducks. Because that's who I am as a person.

This weekend, I may or may not have had ALL of the drinks and D and I went to Rural King. And what do they have at Rural King? Ducks.... and chickens and rabbits, but most importantly, DUCKS. Sign that says to stay out of the pen or not, once those little furry creatures got into my line of sight, there was no stopping me.

Meet Murphy and Octavia. The two newest members of the Glisson household. Also, the two tiniest.

Back when we were first together in high school, D and I had adopted Tayder and we had two pet ducks.... Mr. Quackers and Shaggy. I've always had a mad love for dogs and ducks, and while I'm not sure where this love (ie: obsession) came from, the fact that I have all the love is a given.

Sure, we probably shouldn't have gotten another two pets.... then again, that's who we are. And yeah, five pets is a little much, BUT we're also surrounded by love and affection 24/7, so we're both good with it. Of course, this also makes it more difficult to travel to Florida this month, but we'll figure it out. We always do.

So yeah, we're officially those people that can't quit loving and collecting all of the furchildren. 

Our pups are adjusting to it pretty well too. 

Sparkles just stares at them and watches their every move, fascinated that they even exist in the first place. Xur isn't too crazy about them, because he's a jealous little sucker and wants all of the attention. And Tayder? Well, Tayder is Tayder and as long as he gets to do his own thing and doesn't get bothered very often, he's good with it all.

Wish us luck, folks. Because we're probably gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment