Monday, June 21, 2021

My MIL came for a visit and snuck my BIL up with her.

My MIL flies up to visit D and I every three or so months.... with the exception of when covid was rampant. While we go see D's side of the family once a year, it is nice to get to see them and spend time with them throughout the year, since we can't all be as close as we would like.

Although, it was pretty damn sweet to have almost everyone up here for our wedding. But, I digress.... because weddings are expensive and we don't plan on having another one, so I'm pretty sure that having (almost) everyone here at once was a damned ole fluke that'll never happen again.

With that being said, she had planned to fly up this past Thursday and I was picking her up from the airport. Cut to the airport and not only was my BIL in hiding, but he snuck up behind me at my car and I almost elbowed him in the face until I realized who it was.... AH, FAMILY.

I was completely surprised, but the real treat was dropping Jermy off in our alley, so he could sneak onto our back porch and D had no idea what was happening until we went out into our backyard. It was so great to see him so shocked and excited. 

Afterall, a Happy Devon equals a Happy Katie.

The four of us (me, D, his mom Trish, and brother Jermy.... yes, his name is actually Jeremy, but I have called him Jermy since I was fifteen years old and refuse to stop now) all hung out and had a real good time. We went to the store to load down on beef ribs for supper (my hubby is the best and knows this is my very favorite thing he cooks!) and stuff for potato salad, because even though I was hanging out with them, I still needed to make tater salad for my little cousin's graduation party. I even had to wrestle my MIL in the Five Guys burger place on Thursday, because we fight on who is going to pay every damn time. I would say I usually win, but she always tricks me later, so it's just our thing now.

D had to work on Friday and I was off, so I spent the day with Trish and Jermy (once he woke up). And once D got home I took him to the Immediate Care (he's ok) and then the three of us took their mom on an adventure. 

Then there was family nights full of video games and movies and just hanging out in general. We even took them by the Famous Tomato and to the Mug n Bun. D and I don't get out much when we're on our own, but we try to make sure guests are at least somewhat entertained. 

And while we didn't want to take them to the airport yesterday, we did and they made it home safely. Now, we wait until we can see them again.... hopefully soon! We love y'all and miss you already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment