Friday, June 25, 2021

Marriage has made me even stranger than I already was.

D and I made a deal a couple of weeks ago. I say "we" but what I really mean is D came up with a genius idea and since it was mostly in benefit of me, I was all for it.

You see, D hates and I mean absolutely HATES doing the dishes. The man will literally rinse off the dishes and stack them up in the prettiest little piles ranged from size and importance, but WILL NOT actually wash them to save his entire life.

Therefore, a deal was made. He suggested that if he never has to do the dishes then I will never have to do laundry. And, since I was doing both of those things before he suggested that, that meant that he was taking on something that I'll never have to do (even though, I probably will at some point).

This deal has been going on for the last couple of weeks and while it has worked in my benefit somewhat, the fact of the matter is, I have discovered that if I don't put things away myself, I will lose everything. He does a fantastic job, but that doesn't stop me from apparently forgetting where anything in our house is located at 6:00am when I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

This morning for example, I was running late (because I had to actually use all of the force and will in my body to move and get up this morning) and couldn't find any of my underwear to save my entire life. I woke D up and asked him where they could be, but he just said and I quote, "just wear mine, it'll be fine" and he rolled back over and fell back asleep. I thought it was a ridiculous suggestion, because who wears other peoples underwear?

Well, apparently I do now. Because here I stand at work all day wearing my husband's underwear. And frankly, I'm irritated. Why? Because men's underwear are far more comfortable and superior to women's underwear and I can't stop thinking about how much easier life could be if I just always wore my husband's underwear instead of my own.

See?!!?! Marriage has made me f*cking weird. (Well, weirder than I already was, which let's be honest, was already pretty extreme). Eh, I'm good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment