Tuesday, June 29, 2021

I learned a valuable lesson.... and felt the obligation to share.

Back in October when D and I got married, I made the decision that it would be cool to get a bikini wax for the big day. Don't ask me why I made this executive decision, because I'm not really sure as my dress was long and absolutely no one was going to be seeing what was going on under there, but I'm going to associate it with watching too many TikTok videos. That, and my paranoia of my husband taking my garter off in front of EVERYONE. Which by the way, I was extremely self-conscious and mortified about.

I digress.... you know, so we can continue on with this.

The decision was made and while I had never gotten a bikini wax before, I figured it was more awkward than painful and since I have a fairly high pain tolerance, I assumed all would be well in the world. The day came and I prepared for it almost the exact same way that you would prepare to go visit your lady doctor (ie: gynecologist). 

I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little bit painful the first time, but nothing extreme. I wouldn't associate it with torture or anything. And like I assumed, it was far more awkward than painful. However, my esthetician was very professional and friendly and actually made me feel (somewhat) comfortable. She just went on with her everyday job and informed me that it was kind of like when I worked in the nursing home, as in, once you see so many people naked, it really doesn't phase you anymore. 

I liked the results so much that I've continued to keep up with it. And honestly, the visits eventually get to be more spaced apart and so much easier to the point that you barely feel anything when you get waxed. But, then a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I would just shave instead of making an appointment, because my lazy won out over logic. And oh boy, was that an.... experience. You ever heard of the term fire crotch? Well....

Needless to say, I had to wait about a week or two and then I called and made an appointment with my new esthetician. And let me tell you a couple of secrets that they don't usually tell you. 

One: when you are used to getting waxed and then you decide to shave between waxing appointments, it is essentially making you start over from the very beginning all over again. Seriously, do you remember the first time you got hair down there? It was uncomfortable, itchy, thick and awful? Yeah, that's what you revert back to and it is NOT pretty.

Two: speaking of "starting over" when you are used to waxing and then shave in between and then go back for your first wax since you shaved, things are much more.... painful. You see, apparently by then, your "area" is much more sensitive so every little pull or tug feels like someone is essentially yanking barbwire out of your skin. (And yes, I know what that feels like). Seriously, it hurts way more than it originally did the first time you had it done. Then, it's still a little sore the next day.

Obviously, this was an unwelcomed surprise to me, but it also made me realize that there is no going back. I will either be continuously getting waxed or let's be honest, it's gonna look like a real shit show down there.

And yeah, I know I shouldn't be talking about my crotch, especially in this lengthy of a post, but I felt the need to warn other folks about the consequences of switching back and forth. Mostly because it would've been real f*cking nice for someone to have warned me. Oh well, you live, you learn, you move on.

I'm gonna stop talking about it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment