Monday, October 25, 2021

Over the weekend and through the woods to grandmother's house we go.

Ok fine, that was a little bit dramatic, but it was an eventful weekend. Even with all of the rain that seems to be lurking around for the past two weeks, we've managed to get quite a bit accomplished. Go us!

I may have even made a couple of friends? Well.... ok.... they're technically D's friends, but I think they might like me or at the very least be able to tolerate me, so that's good, right? 

This past weekend, even though we were both supposed to be off, we spent the majority of Saturday morning at his job and then the majority of the afternoon/evening at mine. Why? Well, we're gluttons for punishment.

I'm kidding. Mostly. No, we had to change some stuff for D at work and just ended up hanging out and talking to a couple of his friends up there (that may be my friends now too, but I don't know for sure?). Just talking and hanging out and Ariel even fixed my key fob! 

Then we picked up ten pizzas (it was like a pepperoni and sausage sauna up in that car!) and made our way to the shop (after letting our pups out of course!) to help out with the party. It was the first "event" that we had at the shop that D got to come to, and I really liked that he got to come with me.

Even though we spent the majority of our day at our jobs, we were together and had a really nice time. I guess we can be social little folks when we want to be. You know, since we essentially always just hang out in our cave. 

Then we went home and spent that evening and all day Sunday just relaxing and watching Marvel movies. Because why not?

Side note: A police officer knocked on our door at four o'clock this morning and by the time I realized who it was, got dressed and woke D up, he was already in his vehicle and had driven away. So.... anybody have any clue why that would happen? I assume nothing was too wrong or he would've stuck around, but I'm still curious?

No comments:

Post a Comment