Tuesday, April 12, 2022

🌴 I should've stayed in bed today.... on vacay. 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Have you ever gotten back from vacation and as soon as you step foot into your everyday life you're just like.... uhh, nope? No? Funny.... happened to me. 

D and I just got back from our annual Florida/see the family vacation (4/1-4/10) and to say that we were perfectly content living the chill life for a week would be an understatement. Seriously, it was so damn nice to just relax and unwind. We rushed for nothing and worried for not. It was honestly damn ideal.

We drove Doug Judy down this year and I have to say this was the most comfortable trip all around yet. The first year had fantastic traffic conditions. Covid was doing it's thing and we were legitimately the only car on the road for miles upon miles, but BeetleJuke was not a comfy ride for a family of five. Last year was extremely comfortable, because we had the van, but traffic was a nightmare and a normally 14/15 hour trip ended up taking us over 22 hours to accomplish. This year though? Not only did we luck out on the traffic front, but Doug Judy was perfect for a family of five. Our trip down took about 13 hours and our trip home took about 11.

I've said it once, but I'll say it again.... DOUG JUDY IS A F*CKING BEAST!!


I got sunburnt to the point of a couple blisters popping up on my shoulder, but it was worth it to get to hang out with everybody, wash mine and my MIL's rides, and drive the side-by-side! I even met some new members of my extended married into family. Ok, they're not new, technically I'm the new one, but they're new to me! Everyone was awesome as always and it amazes me at times what a loving and close family I married into. Shit blows my mind.

I even got thrown into my MIL's pool by D's our 6'8/370 lbs. cousin. Dude literally threw me over his shoulder and laughed when I immediately gave up and just hung there. Bro, I am 5'0/120 lbs. WHERE WAS I GONNA GO?! So yes, I not only got to meet family members that I hadn't had a chance to before (and they were f*cking great!), but I got to see my returning faves! I talk about it like it's a reality show of some sort, but they love me all the same for it.

My FIL made me authentic German food and I'm literally drooling thinking about it right now. He made Rouladen. Have you ever had Rouladen? If not, let me tell you right damn now, you are missing out my friend. The concept of it sounds a bit strange when you explain it, but trust me like I trusted him and you will not be disappointed. Now that I think about it, my in-laws fed me too damn well and now I'm spoiled and all of this non-vacation food is just a real Debbie Downer.

My MIL was going to put me on a horse this time around, but time got away from us (as I said, we rushed for absolutely nothing), so that got postponed until next year. However, the three of us did find the roof rack that I wanted for Doug Judy and seven bags of Acme jerky, so postponing getting on a harbinger of death with hooves was alright with me. I'm nothing if not a compromiser. *wink wink*

While staying with my other FIL, we basically just hung out, watched Ink Master and the new Scream movie (yay!!), chilled, and once again, got in no rush for absolutely anything. Did I mention how relaxed we both were for ten whole days? 

Even the driving didn't stress us out. I don't think either of us have been that relaxed in.... well.... maybe ever. I don't know what it was, but it was just so damn nice.

And now we're back to our everyday lives.... back to work.... and I can't help but think we should've stayed our asses on vacation. Sure, that's completely unreasonable and nobody actually gets to live their entire lives like it's a vacation, but it's a real nice thought. A real, damn good, wish it was a possibility thought.

Honestly, I just want to scream at people to leave me alone and let me live on island time (even though I've never actually been to an island?), because I'M STAYING IN MY BUBBLE WITH MY HUSBAND DAMMIT!

Ugh, fine. Back to the real world it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment