Monday, April 25, 2022

It will always be a struggle, but we try to help my mental health with activities together and a stress free home life.

Ever since we went on vacation and came back, D and I have had an avid "chill" about our lives. We do everything that we're supposed to do (ie: work, pay bills, be semi-productive members of society), but I would be lying if I said we weren't in a zen state. And it would also be a lie to say that we hate it. Because we don't. 

Sure, there are things that bother us. Things that make my anxiety go through the roof and things that make his temper flare, but for the most part, we've accepted that we're happier just being together and whoosah about life. 

Honestly, I don't know if it's marriage or my thirties, but whichever it is, I am here for it.

I go to the dentist tomorrow to look into having some pretty extensive dental work done and I've been a bit (I feel justifiably!) nervous about the whole ordeal. D has assured me that it's all going to be fine, because I'm tough and there's nothing we can't handle together (yeah, we treat all things in our lives to be equally important!). I'm going to a new dentist (that my cousin Jen recommended) and he's apparently real nice and effective, so hopefully we'll get this handled and it won't cost me our first born (because those bitches ain't getting my Tayderbug!). 

Nerves, anxiety and stress aside, at the end of the day, I get to come home to my loving husband and amazing furbabies and they do shit like leave me a trail of flowers from the front door of our house into the kitchen (to the steak), so I officially know my little Gatorbaby is cooking me dinner. 

And that, my friends, is what they call balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment