Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Did I just do two Mondays in a row? I feel like I did. *suspicious*

Do you ever just have one of those days where you wake up and you're like this is just not it? Happened to me. Well, happens to me on the regular but especially today.

Y'all, this little chika ain't twenty years old anymore and I FEELS it.

Yesterday was the 4th which means there was a day off to be had and some fun to accomplish. It also means that I was off the weekend, worked Monday, off Tuesday, and back in the office on Wednesday.

What. The. F*ck.

Don't get me wrong, I love having certain holidays off (I never used to get those) and I'm not one to kick a gift horse in his mouth, but this off-on-off-on situation has me all sorts of confused. I swear, my ass doesn't know whether to shit or fart glitter.

My alarm went off this morning and I seriously contemplated throwing it out the window. Then I woke up a couple more seconds and realized even if I did that I'd still have to go into work and then I'd have a broken window, so you know... didn't want one more thing to deal with.

Yesterday was fun and we had a good time. We headed up to Mavis's for the day and hung out at Mace's parents house. We took the pups with us because we didn't want to leave them alone with all the fireworks, but they stayed with their cousins at the Mavis homebase. That way, they were right down the road from us but didn't have to stay out in all that constant heat.

And when I tell y'all it was hot yesterday, I mean SUMBITCH. We ate and laughed and all had a good time, but y'all THAT HEAT. Humid would be the understatement of the century. We walked down to some firework get together they have and between the four of us, I bet you could've filled a kiddie pool with all that sweat.

D and I headed out before the legit firework show started (we live about an hour and ten mins from them) since it was already so late (well after ten), but we essentially got a monstrous firework show because we saw everyone's from Muncie to Indy. It was pretty great.

We got home after eleven (almost midnight) and stayed up well until one this morning snuggling and watching Tiktok videos in bed together.

And now? We're back to reality and I need a nap and some cuddles. Luckily, I left all four of my boys at the house when I left this morning, so when its time for me to get off and come home, we can do NOTHING.

Because I'm old and need to recover. At least, that's what my left hip keeps telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment