Friday, June 23, 2023

People haven't learned in 111 years? Leave that bitch alone.

We'll start off by saying I in no way, shape or form want to make light of someone's life. Life or death situations are scary and traumatic and I feel for the people whom are left behind in the wake of something so life-altering and tragic.

HOWEVER....

You absolutely CANNOT send a submarine down to the depths of the Titanic, name it Titan, and lose said submarine and expect me to NOT have some sarcastic and/or wtf commentary about said situation. I mean, it doesn't affect my life at all and its absolutely NONE of my business, but you know what? 

Eh. I don't even really feel like getting into it. Let's just say, I'm gonna say it either way.

We'll play a little catchup first... this past Sunday, it was reported that a submersible watercraft set to explore the wreckage of the Titanic had gone missing. Like, poof. Gone, nadda, nothing. VANISHED. And yeah, you read that right. They were going to explore the Titanic. The one that wrecked and was responsible for the death of over 1,500 people?!! In 1912?! Yeah, that one.

Because apparently motherf*ckers didn't learn the first time around. And once I learned about this and started reading up on it I learned that this is an actual thing. Like, not just the five guys missing this time around, but the fact that people go 13,000 meters below the North Atlantic to see this disaster. IT'S A THING. A whole ass thing.

The only thing that comes to my mind when thinking of being in that situation is mind-numbing/body-crippling fear. And that's even before they lost the sub. That's just the thought of being out in the ocean that damn far. There is nothing more terrifying than the ocean. Ok, maybe outer space, BUT I can't just run into that so the ocean wins top dollar on this one. There's so much we don't know about it and the creatures that live there. And yes, I say creatures because at this point I don't know what's down there. You don't know what's down there. Even Jason Momoa doesn't know what's down there.

NONE OF US DO.

You know what immediately comes to my mind when I think about this? Sea creature or the Bermuda Triangle. I mean, you do have the US, Canada, and France looking for this thing.

And forgive me for being somewhat dramatic... but don't we all think that sub may have been eaten by a massive creature that they've let out of the pits of underwater hell? Anyone ever watched The Meg? I know its a sci-fi movie made in all good fun but... seems a little sketch to me. Apparently everybody and their mama has been going down there for a damn weekend visit like its grandpappy's house. They were bound to stir something up or let something out down there, right? RIGHT?!

According to reports, three of the five men onboard are billionaires and the fourth is the heir to a billion dollar empire. I'm sure this is because I've watched one too many movies in my life time, but shouldn't they have a contingency plan for that? You know, missing and in need of rescue? Christian Grey made getting out of a dangerous situation look easy as long as you have enough cash. And again, not trying to be an ass but... you're worth billions of dollars and nobody thought to put a freaking chip in you in case of kidnapping or some other super extra thing like that? COME ON.

You know who I feel the worst for? The "heir" that was onboard. He was a nineteen year old kid that just wanted to make sure his dad had a great Fathers Day. He literally went to spend the day with his dad, have a good time, maybe some laughs, make some memories and instead had to live a f*cking nightmare. All because ANOTHER set of dudes thought they knew what was best and "didn't need to listen to" a full set of people even though said people have studied and worked with these materials and kind of explorations and technology for YEARS. Ok, you don't have to use their designs, but at least listen to what they're telling you about the safety. Maybe you have to push your timeline a couple of years. I'm all for innovation and I know taking risks is what defines progress, but seriously? 

THAT MOTHERF*CKER WAS DESIGNED TO FUNCTION WITH A PLAYSTATION CONTROLLER. 

The hubris definitely outweighed the common sense in this situation. AGAIN. Just like back in the day when they built the original and now today, when five families have to say goodbye to their loved ones. 

Can we all just agree to leave well enough alone and stop going down to the murky pits of the deep to see a ship that hit an iceberg and sank over a century ago? I get that its a piece of history and its amazing to see. I understand. BUT, maybe we just all stick to the 1997 version and go from there. You've seen all that needs seen. Y'all are acting like this is The Inferno and One-Eyed Willy is about to walk off that sumbitch and wave at you.

LET IT GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment