Tuesday, July 6, 2021

What else were we gonna do on a three-day weekend?

I'm aware that when it comes to three-day or holiday weekends, that many people make plans and do things in the presence of others. I'm aware of this and used to participate in it. Albeit, against my will, but nonetheless. 

Now, I'm married. And while my husband is a social butterfly, I am forever the little introvert that I've always been. I figure, I married my favorite person so why should I have to spend time with other people? Unhealthy? Yes. Am I going to change it? Nope. I mean, let's be real, I would rather stay in my bitch cave with my loves and all of my stuff.

Therefore, when I got off of work on Friday (at lunch, thank you, Dani!) I did what any normal introvert would do. I cleaned my house from tits to teeth, ran the majority of errands that involved other people and then settled in my house and waited for D to get home. In the process of all of this, I also started watching American Horror Story: Apocalypse. Because, why not?

With the exception of about 1.5 hours of Sunday when we ran a final errand, D and I stayed home all weekend and just hung out with each other, cooked, watched tv, and played with our pups. While most people think that we're weird or too anti-social, I say f*ck it, we do what we want. 

We even sat outside in our backyard for a long while on Sunday night to watch all of the fireworks and D grilled out, because while we're hermits, we're also Americans and the Fourth of July is like our crack rock. 

Or, something like that. 

The point is, it was an incredibly lowkey weekend, but it's not very often that D and I have the same days off, so we just enjoyed each other company and let it go from there. Well, I enjoyed his company, the jury is still out on if he enjoys my company or if he's plotting his alibi for our Dateline special. 

NOTE: I still can't believe that I convinced him to watch AHS: Apocalypse though. The man HATES all things horror and I LOVE all things horror, so it's a toss up on which one of us wins more often than not. 

Saturday morning I even got up and got dressed like we were doing something (not really, because we were just hanging around the house, but still) and D said: "are you wearing my boxers and shirt?" to which I replied: "bitch, we're married.... these are our clothes." Because you know, love and devotion.

All in all, I think this was a nice weekend and while we didn't do much, he's my very favorite person to do nothing and everything with, so I'm good with it. And hopefully he is too.... if not, well, there's always that Dateline special.

No comments:

Post a Comment