Monday, June 3, 2024

I was bamboozled and I'm not even sorry about it.

There's officially a new member of the Glisson household. She's a six week old blue nose pitty and her name is... Steve.

Steve Irwin Glisson.
(And if you don't think that's f*cking funny, we can't be friends).

When I tell you I had no intention of getting a third pup, I whole heartedly mean it. I knew eventually we would bring another little pup into our lives, and we would love them unconditionally, but after losing Tayder last year, I honestly didn't know when that would be.

I didn't know when I would feel ok or if this was going to be a bandaid situation. Friday night, the answer was clear. I was neither ready or unready, I was just... me. Dev and I drove up to hang with Mavis, they got me inebriated, sat my ass down on a kitchen stool and put a six week old puppy in my lap while proceeding to tell me all his siblings needed a home. Saturday rolled around and next thing I know, we're headed fifteen minutes down the street to pick up the newest member of our family.

It's strange having a third pup again. I love it... I mean... the more dogs the merrier, right? But, it is an adjustment and completely different than it was. Dev and I haven't adopted together since Tayder. When we found each other again, Tayder was still with me and I had the addition of Sparkles. Dev had Xur and we became the most beautiful blended little family.

Now, we have a new little one to add in our ranks. And let me tell you, she demands to be seen. Little shit.

Xur is loving it. It's like he was made for this life. He wants the little darlin to follow him around and treats her like a proper mother hen. It's adorable and the sweetest little thing. Sparkles is Sparkles. He neither likes nor dislikes Steve, but he is warming up to her a little more each day. I swear, that pups middle name should be Indifferent. I feel like he likes her but he's a little thrown off by how small she is. I mean, six weeks really isn't anything and she's a spitfire in a teeny little body. Both pups reacted differently, but seemed to be on board with having a new sibling.

Then there's my Gatorbaby... the love of my life. The bamboozler that bamboozled his way into a new puppy. Because honestly, I can't tell that man no for shit and once he put the pup in my arms? Game over. I gotta hand it to him... man knows how to get his way with me.

Side note... when we adopted Steve, we were handed a box of puppies and told, "these are the boys." I'm a boy dog mom and haven't had female dogs of my own as an adult ever, always boys. Didn't think anything of it and went about our merry way... it took us a legit two full days before we were like... huh.. never confirmed that. And that's how we ended up having a girl named Steve.

And here we are. It was a bit of a crazy weekend but in all the best ways. Pup cuddles, hubby kisses, new ink, and visits from old friends (shout out to Dev's friend, Joshie!). 

Welcome to this side of the Glisson's, Steve! The four of us love you so much already (don't worry about Sparkles, I promise his grumpy ass will come around!) and are so happy you round out our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment