Wednesday, June 19, 2024

💙Who says you can't eat fair food and dress like a princess? 💙

We're going to Bean's 4th birthday party this Sunday (but like... I swear we just celebrated her last birthday?) and the theme is... 👑 PRINCESSES. 👑

No specific princess... just princesses in general. I was thinking Princess Peach... but they're leaning more towards Disney and the likes. Makes sense... even though we assumed she would go Scooby-Doo (she's obsessed). With that being said... princess time.

With this opportunity presenting itself, I had no choice but to consider actually dressing up as a princess. I mean... I'm thirty-four years old, how many legit opportunities are just hanging around out there waiting for me to live out my princess fantasies? I could just dress like that all the time... but then people are going to start asking me if my hubby and I are into some weird shit (#smutreading) and I'm gonna be inappropriate and say yes... it'll be a whole thing. So we don't typically go there.

Dev was completely onboard and started googling costumes because he's an enabler that thinks my quirks and complete lack of social propriety are adorable.

I text Mace to make sure it was ok... and she informed me that she too was dressing like a princess for Bean and was super stoked I was already onboard without her having to ask (Aunt Katie has totally got you). She even suggested Belle... and while Belle was one of my favorites... that's a whole lot of fuckin yellow. She also let me know that Jasmine is Bean's absolute favorite... but I'm not trying to insult peeps... so I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to dress as Jasmine... or Pocahontas... or Mulan. All the damn good princesses are taken.

I settled on Anna... because that's the only costume available in my size... and just as a side note, I never thought I would have this much trouble finding clothes at the size I am. Clothes that hang and do whatever? Easy. Clothes that legit fit my body type and shape? Nope.

Dev loved it... but also let me know he had actually never seen Frozen. I was very much like- 👀👀.

Cut to about ten minutes later... and we're snuggled in with the pups watching Sven being the best reindeer around... only taking a very small break so Dev could make me funnel cakes (because he's the best). We were about ten minutes away from Hans and three minutes into Kristoff before Dev was all, "she should be with Kristoff... that other guy just got lucky he ran into her first." And when Hans was revealed as a villain? You should have seen the "I TOLD YOU" look that came across his face. Hilarious.

So yeah... we'll be playing princess come Sunday (my costume is supposed to be delivered today) and my husband has officially watched Frozen. All is good with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment