Saturday, September 21, 2024

The most amazing time of anything ever in the existence of all of it.

Y'all... I literally just had the most amazing experience and even though it happened like three days ago... I'm still very AAAAHHHHHH!!!! about it.

I got to see... live in concert... my favorite performer in the history of ever... JELLY ROLL.

And when I say it was good... it was SO GOOD. The dude literally has me walking on cloud nine and smiling so hard my face hurts. Jelly was literally the first artist I ever followed starting from the underground. I remember hoping to find mixtapes (how old did that just make me sound?) back in the day... and didn't care if I had to swipe from a party or friend!

Welcome to the Trap House? Nah... Welcome to my favorite musician to ever grace the presence of a stage in general.

I didn't think I was ever going to get to see Jelly perform live. While I love him... TicketMaster is NOT exactly in our regularly scheduled budget. However... I married the most amazing man on the planet and I mean, he had to descend from greatness, right? 

Insert... my MIL. The company she works for gets tickets to basically any kind of performance that happens at the Kia Center in Orlando, FL. Sports... standup... and MUSIC. Her and my FIL make the most of the ticket grabs and she's even taken the other kids and some friends. I mean, honestly, why wouldn't you make the most of it?

She was telling us all this when we were down in FL this past April and I made the joke, "Haha... well if you ever get tickets to Jelly Roll I call dibs! I'd totally drive my ass down here just for Jelly!" Hardy har har... right?

WRONG. Not even three weeks later, Trisha Noelle got on that phone and said, "baby... see you in September!" I was so damn excited I know I had to look like 👀 and sound something like 😱. Tell me I didn't marry into the most amazing family on the planet and I'll call your fucking bluff.

FOR MONTHS I had anticipated this and was practically bouncing on my tiptoes waiting for the day we would head to Florida and by extension... JELLY. And come last Friday evening... my hubby loaded us and our babies up and on the road we were.

The concert wasn't until Tuesday night (that's right... Jelly sold out the Kia Center on a motherfucking Tuesday!), so we got to spend the weekend with the family and had a good ole time... swimming, cooking, drinking, tattooing, meeting Mitch's new gal (who happens to be adorable), and basically, just being together. 

Late nights turned into early mornings and coffee as always, keeps me going. We truly needed this vacation... and my spirit feels a little refreshed and serene.

Cut to Tuesday evening... MIL watched our babies and loaded us into an Uber to send us downtown Orlando. So many firsts... first time using Uber... first time seeing Jelly... first time having all access to a private suite at any venue... first time at the Kia Center... first time going to a concert with my hubby... first time I almost punched a security guard in the face because she was in between me and my mission to see Jelly (plus, she was just plain fucking rude)... first time I watched it rain in a building... first time I ever paid that ridiculous amount of money for two sweatshirts and one t-shirt... first time leaving my babies with a sitter... just all the firsts.

Then... the time came. JELLY took the stage and Katie started having heart palpitations. Nobody makes me feel my feelings quite like Jelly always has... afterall, there's a reason my playlist is called "Jammin' to Jelly."

Dev and I laughed and sang and cried and danced and basically just lived in the wonderment. I didn't take one picture... I was too engrossed in the stage and couldn't pull my eyes away. Luckily, once again... hubby had my back. 

IT. WAS. AMAZING.

Of course, we're back home now and back to our regularly scheduled programming... but I would be lying if I said I wasn't still walking on air. Life isn't always happy and there are plenty of things to make us feel down or try to break us... but this? This memory will last forever and the fact I got to share it with my husband made it all the more special and priceless to me.

So... shout out to my MIL- YOU'RE THE BEST AND I LOVE YOU. And shout out to my husband- I COULDN'T DO LIFE WITHOUT YOU! I LOVE YOU! And shout out to Jelly because- THAT WAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE SHOW.

Now if you'll excuse me... I have to go be a regular ole adult now. No worries... still star-eyed mentality though.

No comments:

Post a Comment