Friday, September 27, 2024

Why does this always happen to me when my husband isn't there?!

There I was... minding my own business... heading home from work... fifteen minutes early because we had a company meeting today and Dani let me cut out... taking my time and being more cautious... because well... Hurricane Helene brought her bullshit up here... approaching my first round-about... and boom... rear-ended.

Seriously?! That's what I get for having the audacity to be excited to cut out of work early. 

I'm fine... Doug Judy is fine... the little lady that rear-ended me is fine... her car is... well... she'll probably have to get that looked at. Bless her heart... she was the sweetest little thing and felt so damn terrible. Apparently she had just gotten her car back this morning and she said when she hit the brake... her car accelerated.

Whether she overestimated her car's ability or underestimated the distance because her frontend and my back... I don't know... but I truly hope she gets her car fixed and that everything is ok with her moving forward. I don't want her driving around in a faulty car... hopefully whatever the issue is, she's ok.

Poor thing... I got out of my car to check on her once we pulled to the side (and I looked in my rearview and confirmed she wasn't a giant pissed off dude ready to beat my ass for some bullshit... been there)... and I think she honestly thought I was gonna start yelling and being mean to her or something. She looked that scared.

I got her calmed down and let her know I was fine... my car was fine (it's barely a little noticeable dent in my bumper)... and waited until the police showed up to write the report... forty minutes later... but that's neither here nor there. Shit is confusing to me but we got it figured out. I didn't have to do anything... and as far as I know she's good.

So yeah... instead of fifteen minutes early... I was forty-five minutes late. Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment