Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Brother- Fact or Fiction?

Today for some strange reason I have my Brother on my Mind. Don't ask me why I just seem to be thinking about him today. It must be the fact that I haven't seen him in almost a year, and FINALLY he's coming up to see us next week! So excited!! Of course his wife (I guess I could just as well say my sister-in-law) Brittany will be joining him, which is exciting as well since it's been just as long since I've seen her. I'm more so excited to see Greg though, no offense Brittany, I love you, but I've known him longer :). Greg and I have been very close our entire lives. Probably partly due to the fact that we are only 3 1/2 years apart in age. Him being on the elder end of that one. Just so you know. We have not been apart for very long lengths of time, even though he did get wild hairs occasionally and he would wander off with his friends for days/weeks on end. All of this after he was 18 of course. Not meaning anything, but let's just say that out of the two of us, I had to be the more responsible one. He admits that to everyone even to this day. Even though he was older, somehow I became the kind of "mother hen" when it came to him. Never quite thinking about it or Regretting it for one minute, I look back now and realize it. I've never really put alot of thought into it, I just knew that he was my brother, I loved him, and the rest was just how we were raised. Nothing more or Nothing less.

Growing up together was definitely eventful to say the least. Knowing what I know now, I could've rung his neck and not thought twice about it at times. Lucky for him, I was a sweet, caring, loving, angel of a baby sister. It's true you know, just ask him, he'll tell you. And if he gets a crazy look on his face, and tries to bring up stories about me "beating him and his friends up", just ignore him. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Neither do Johnathan or any of the rest of them either. Their just overly dramatic is all that is. Big ole babies. If I didn't have so much love for them I'd be forced to deny them in public.  Lucky for them, I'm not like that. I'm completely on their sides. Well, maybe not completely all the time. Sometimes their just wrong. So wrong in fact that I want to look at them, smack them in the back of the head, and say "Really?"! But I would never do that :)

Greg was always the cool older brother. NOT! He was not cool. Oh he thought he was, and all of his friends thought that they were equally as cool, but me being the baby sister that I am was there to tell them- They Were Wrong!!!
They strutted around (Greg in Front) like they were Johnny Depp, or Brad Pitt back in his hay day. They thought they were so cool. Pants hanging down, hair so perfectly stuck in place from product that if a bird had flown in it, it would've definitely been: "Bye Bye Birdie", blonde tips, "muscles" (they claimed they had muscles, once again I disagree, I lived with Greg, and his friends were there alot, Greg and John were pretty puny compared to the other two-Jesse just towered over everybody! All 6'7 of him!!), "Bling-Bling", because yes that was a thing when we were younger, and The Band.

Oh I shall never forget when Greg and his friends decided that they were going to start a "Rock Band".  That was such a funny moment. Not saying that I didn't have my fair share of "trying to find myself and my place in the world" kind of moments while growing up, because Lord knows I did. However, this particular moment in our lives was oh what's the word I'm looking for? "Hilarious!!" They practiced and practiced for all hours of the day and night. (By practice I mean they sat in Greg's room with their instruments talking about how great fame would be and how many girls they would get, and playing the instruments for about 4 minutes every 5 hours or so). Not to mention they made me sit on his bed, in his room listening to them like an "audience" for hours and hours. It was excruciating!! Seriously! The one time Greg aloud me in his room (I went in there anyways against his will) was on these occasions. Needless to say they moved on from that dream to play Football. They still had their instruments and played them occasionally, but  thankfully the "Rock Fantasy" passed.

I always felt the need to protect him against everything. I don't know why, but somehow I became "the protector". With him and his friends. I remember one time him and Johnathan were wrestling in our yard on the back hill and I had to help them. By wrestling I mean Bobby was kicking their butts, and by help I mean I was in the house, they screamed for me, and I went outside kicked Bobby in the crotch, rolled him down the hill, and helped Greg in John in the house and made them pancakes. Not really sure why, but I felt that they needed pancakes. We all love that story. Especially Momma. Except Bobby. He hates that story. I was a pretty little girl, so he was not so happy about me taking him down. I was pretty lucky when it came to our childhood as far as my brother goes. He of course went through the "I Don't Want My Sister In My Room, Touching My Stuff, Or Playing With My Friends" Phase. Which was all the time, but his friends loved me like a sister, only a really cool one, so I won. We fought like cats and dogs constantly, all the time, but when we needed each other, the other one was there. 

Fact or Fiction??

Question: Is it true that Greg hit on every single one of your friends while growing up?
Answer: That would be a Fact. He hit on everyone of my friends, including the ones that I asked him not too, but he thought he was sneaky about it. Greg-If your reading this, You're NOT Sneaky...I know!!

Question: Is it true that Greg is your half-brother?
Answer: Technically, you could say yes I suppose since we don't share the same father. The Fact is though, to me No. That's absolutely NOT true. To me he is my Brother, and that is that. If anyone has a problem with it they can talk to me about it.

Question: Is it true that Greg went through a "Slim-Shady" Phase?
Answer: It is Fact. We shall leave it at that.

Question: Is it true that Greg beat up the neighbor kid that turned out to be a big ass Marine?
Answer: That one would be Fiction! He wishes he could say he beat up that kid back in the day. No, that was all me. You're Welcome.

Question: Is it true that I look like Greg?
Answer: Depends on who you ask. Some say yes, some say no, so I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Question: Is it true Greg wrecked a truck not even a 1/8 of a mile from your house?
Answer: That is Fact. He wrecked his truck into the ditch, and Me and Corey had to go get him out so Mom wouldn't find out. Greg says that doesn't count. Just so you know, It Does!!

Question: Is it true that I hog-tied Greg, shoved him into a closet, all with three pairs of underwear when we were little kids?
Answer: You may refer your questions to my Lawyer. Thank you.
(By the way if that hypothetically did happen-He would've had it coming, because he was picking on me).

Question: Did Greg actually get married on April 20, 2012?
Answer: Yes. Thanks alot Brittany for allowing ya'lls Anniversary to be 420. I owe you for that one. Only you Bubba!! (That's My Brother and Sister-in-Law up there by the Way).

Question: Does Greg still call you "Diddy"
Answer: Fact. Don't ask.

The point of this entire thing is to show how much my Brother means to me. Yes, we fight, bicker, and want to commit "Hairy-Carey" on each other sometimes, but I love him, and miss him very much. 

 This is Greg's Best Friend Johnathan. I felt the need to share this picture. Greg got drunk and passed out, to which John was drunk and said "Hey Katie, I'm gonna go wake Greg up". Then he got comfy. This was about 3 in the morning.

Johnathan was as much a part of our family growing up as we all were. He even watched me go to Prom as you can see in the collage up top with Me, Greg, Johnathan, and Mo. Greg definitely loves Johnathan just like a Brother. He Is Greg's Brother, Just Like Greg is Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment