Monday, June 10, 2013

Courtin' or Hittin'???

Everyone that knows anything about me, knows that I love to read. I'll read about anything as long as it peaks my interest. I have a collection of books that should probably have their own room devoted entirely to them in my house. Yes I am aware that normally that would be called a Library, but I don't want to call all my books a Library. So there. I have novels that range from science fiction, to historical, to biographical, to educational, yes even romance (quit blushing), and everything in between. Needless to say I have some Eclectic taste in my books as well.  I am currently reading a Novel that would be classified under "Historical /Romance". It's a Two Novel, in One Novel kind of Novel. Make sense? Hopefully. I started it just last night, and I'm pretty sure that if I get a little peace and quiet tonight that it will be finished by morning. It's very interesting , and I know that I must look hilarious when reading. I never really noticed it, but apparently my face shows all the expressions that I'm feeling while reading. Which means that I laugh, cry, cringe, blush, squirm, sometimes snort, get "wide-eyed" and a whole other mess of things. Apparently it's quite Amusing to watch, as was pointed out to me last night.  While reading this particular Novel a Question popped into my mind. Don't know where it came from, but all of the sudden it was there. Who would've thunk it? My head, with a Random Question in it. That Never Happens. (Yeah Right).  My Question was actually a Question about a Question. I know it's alot to take in. Sometimes I have trouble keeping up with my Rambling. Sorry. Please Excuse Me. The Question was:  When Did the the Question: "Are You Courting The Lady?" turn into "Man, You Hittin' That?"  

Seriously? That's all that people could come up with? What the Sam Hell? How did such a Nice Term get turned into, Well whatever the hell that is now. "Slang" I guess you would call it. Thanks alot to whoever developed that one! Kudos to you! It doesn't make me want to kick you in your tooth or anything Violent like that! I swear! In fact why don't you come to me, and we shall have a very civil conversation about it. Really, truely. No, not really. I would probably find out that it was you that turned something that sounds so sweet into whatever it is now, and try to re-enact a scene from "Wile E. Coyote". Only this time with me behind the "Acme Rocket" it would actually work. Sorry it's just the way I feel about it. Thanks for making me even more Cynical than I already am. Didn't think that it was at all possible. You have proven me wrong. Jerk. Maybe I read to much, and allow my mind to carry itself away. I always have been a kind of Dreamer I guess. I can entertain myself for hours just by making up impossible scenario's in my head. Noodle says it's because Secretly I'm a "Romantic". I guess that is true. No, more than guess, it is true. However, please don't tell anybody this little fact about me, because Lord knows I would never live it down. Thanks.

In the Novel so far Lord Edmund has fallen head over heels for Lady Mary, but she is fighting it to the very end. She is betrothed to Lord Goodrich (her husband being killed seven years prior), and is trying everything to make herself a wonderful match that will elevate her, and secure her place in society. She has fallen for Edmund as well (not wanting to-but they became trapped together in a unsturdy shelter during a thunderstorm, which she is deathly afraid of, and he comforted her), but refuses him constantly, because he has a horrible reputation as many things, and let's face it has a sort of "potty mouth". His Aunt instigates things between the two knowing how they truly feel, but both are too stubborn to admit it. Edmund is constantly obnoxious, insulting Mary, and continuously trying to get her alone. He tries to hide his feelings behind his charade, but his Aunt knows better. He had some serious issues resulting from his Brother's death (15 years earlier) and doesn't want to get close to anyone. Until Mary. He's trying to fight it, but it's not working so well for him. Haha!! Besides Mary's trying to fight her feelings, and marry her betrothed (Lord Goodrich), but he has some secrets that everyone knows about that, except Mary it seems. Mary also has a kind of sully piece of reputation (compliments of gossip) just like Lord Edmund. The only difference is he doesn't care.

It's been really good so far, and I'm enjoying it. I just hope it ends the way that I want it to. Go Figure, Right? Who would've thought that I would want things my way? Anyways, Can Someone Answer My Question? Please? Why did it have to go from "Courtin" to "Hittin"?? Not Cool. Thank you once again Society! Bluck! Plus, Thanks For Listening To Me Ramble On (Once Again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment