Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Four Things That I Realized About Myself In 24 Hours

Yesterday, I Realized Four Things about Myself that I knew that I did, but never really put alot of thought into it until then.

#1: I absolutely CANNOT watch an episode of "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition" without crying like a scared little girl that just had her lollipop taken away from her in the house of mirrors by the big scary clown holding a chainsaw. Yeah! That Bad! Not being dramatic in the least little bit. It was bad. The episode airing was centered around a little girl named Boey Byers, that had been diagnosed with cancer at just six years old. Six! She went through all of the treatments and went into remission for only two months, and the cancer returned. She fought and fought, but sadly she lost her life on December 28, 2007 at just eight years old from complications with pneumonia. I cried and cried through the whole show. I knew that I got a little teary-eyed during that show, but until that episode I never realized how much it got to me. I had watched another episode awhile back about a boy that had passed away and donated his heart to a little girl, saving her life, and they reunited his family with the girl, and I had cried hard, but I chalked it up to me just being overly-sensitive that day. After yesterday it was confirmed that I might be overly-sensitive when it comes to that kind of thing, but that show definitely brings it out in me. Usually I keep it all inside where I think it belongs, but not during that hour long segment. If ever you feel like you need a good cry, just watch that show. #2: As soon as the song "Wagon Wheel" comes on the radio my head automatically starts bobbing back and forth. I mean before the lyrics start, just when the music starts. Whether its Old Crow Medicine Show or Darius Rucker singing it, my head just goes with it. I prefer Old Crow's version, but Hootie's got it going on too. What can I say? I like the fact that he went from The Blowfish to Country Music. You go boy! Anyways, the point is when the song comes on the radio my head has a mind of it's own. I know that sounds crazy since technically my head does contain my mind, but you know what I mean. I think. If not, Sorry.


#3: I make up way to many Scenarios in my head. It's true. Not a good thing. I'll be sitting there, and someone can be having a full/in-depth conversation with me, and I'll just be staring off into space, making stuff in my head up. Example: We were eating supper last night, Everyone was talking having a nice conversation, and I stared off because no one was really talking directly at me, I was just listening to them. Cut to 10 minutes later, I was in Middle-Earth shield surfing with Legolas trying to save Merry and Pippin from the Orcs, and Kenny pushed me on the arm, and said "Katie, are you ok? I asked you a question." Apparently, they had been trying to ask me about my day at work, and I spaced right through it. My bad. Yeah, I know. Nerd Alert. In all fairness, I can't help it. If they wouldn't make Nerd stuff so great I wouldn't be forced to love it. I make up stuff in my head while I'm staring off into space, while I'm showering, before I go to sleep, in the car. Basically, anywhere you can think of. It's a problem really. My old English teacher used to laugh at me, and tell me that with my imagination at least I would never be bored. Thanks. #4: Don't care where I'm at, If it's funny to me, I can't help but laugh. It's true. People tell me that I have inappropriate laughter, and of course no filter. I can't help it. Really, I can't. I try to control myself, but I'm just not able to. I can be thinking of something in my head, and if it's funny, no matter where I'm at, I'm going to laugh. It's just how I roll. Sorry. The sad part is, once I get to laughing, I can't hardly stop. It takes forever. Girls that I used to work with at the nursing home would be like, "Really? Katie. Really?" They finally got used to it. I think at one point they just became so used to it that they didn't even notice it anymore. Mark finally quit telling me I was "tacky", he accepted it too. My family (especially Momma) has learned to except it as well, it doesn't even phase most of them when I bust out in random laughter. Laughter is the best medicine they say. So maybe that's a good thing. I saw a sign yesterday and thought that it was as funny as it could be. I laughed and insisted on showing it to everybody. They liked it, but didn't find it nearly as comical as I did. People tend to not like the same comedians that I do either.
 
Oh And Just A Random Fact To End This Thing, I Love Every Brantley Gilbert Song There Is. If It Comes On The Radio, I'm Singing It. You've Been Warned. I Also Like Just Reading And Watching TV In The Late Evenings. For Hours At A Time. Just Saying. I also find Luke Bryan incredibly sexy. Just wanted you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment