Monday, July 8, 2013

Late Night Movie Weekend

Friday: It was a long day at work. Aunt Susi can attest to that one. We had AM with us all day, poor kid was bored out of his mind and then some. When we got off work, I went to Aunt Susi's house. We were going to exercise, but, ummm... well to be quite honest we didn't freakin' want to so we didn't. So sue us! Instead, we worked on "re-vamping" her blog- "Immaculate Disorder". Might I add, it looks good to! Just saying! Not trying to toot my own horn or nothing but, Toot Toot!! Between Me, Her, and Momma we did good :) After we left Aunt Susi's we had to run to do a few errands, and I wanted to stop by the "Redbox" because if you read my "post on Friday" then you already know that I wanted to watch Identity Thief. The first one was out of copies, along with the next three. But! The fifth Redbox we went by had a copy. Sweet! So later that night Shy and I watched this... It was funny, but not as funny as I thought that it was going to be. I thought that it was going to be alot different then what it was. Although it wasn't as funny as what I thought that it was going to be, we still got quite a few good laughs out of it. The parts that were funny were really funny, and for the most part it was good. I mean come on, Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman, together equals Good Times.

We started watching the movies late, because when Momma and I got home Jim was painting the dining room and stuff was everywhere! Not in a bad way, but in a "we had to move stuff because we were painting way". Not only did we watch Identity Thief, but I also rented "12 Rounds 2: Reloaded". Shy and I decided to have a late night movie weekend, so that's what we did. May I just say- Randy Orton: Bravo! I mean that in that is one fine man! Brittany would so agree with me on this one! He is pretty. His acting was pretty good too :) Although the movie was a bit predictable (I told Shy everything that was going to happen before it happened, and who everybody was) it was good. Pretty good action (Not "The Expendables" but good), and of course pretty, pretty Orton :) We also left in the middle of Identity Thief (about 10 p.m.) to get pizza/breadsticks from Little Caesar's. Yeah it's bad for us, don't ask. You think I'm paranoid in the daytime, you should see me in the city at night! I look like a crazy bag lady! Just saying!
 
Saturday: There was more painting of the dining room going on. Momma, Kenny, Shy, and I went and picked a few things up from the grocery store while Jim stayed to paint. A little later on Momma and I had to take Jim to get one more gallon of paint. It finally got finished that evening and they stayed up late hanging the paintings back up/decorating. Their good at that kind of thing. Me however, Not So Much! Let's just say I have really tacky taste and I like crazy stuff. I have eclectic taste. Yeah, that's what we'll go with. While we were out at the grocery store, I returned the movies from the night before and picked up two more. Beautiful Creatures I rented strictly for Shy. For 10 months (ever since the first trailer came out in September 2012) all I've heard is "Katie!! I want to see that movie!! Take me to see that movie! Rent that movie! Please, please, please!!" I had no interest in seeing it. Nothing against it, because I usually like those kind of movies, but that particular one just didn't interest me. I finally gave in though and rented it for her and agreed to watch it with her. Haha! Jokes on her! She hated the movie and I loved it! Ironic, huh? I thought that it was very good, and it kept my interest all the way through. She didn't understand it and got very bored, very quickly. I tried to tell her that's what she gets for messing with me :) Should've left well enough alone, but nooo! Oh well, I found a new one that I like! (Plus it has one of my favorite under-rated actors in it, Kyle Gallner. I love that guy, he is such a good actor and completely under-rated! Love him people! He had a small part, and it was still good! Seriously! Watch his movies!  He's great!!). I almost cussed the whole movie because
of the ending, but they even fixed that one for me so it's all good.

After Beautiful Creatures we watched "Silver Linings Playbook". I have been wanting to watch that one since it came out, but just haven't gotten around to it (Aunt Susi  and I have talked about it alot). Well, I finally got around to it. And you know what? I really liked it too!! I thought at first that it was going to be silly, but it wasn't. It was really good! I enjoyed it tremendously!! It was so good! I can't go into detail on it in case Aunt Susi's reading this, so I can't go all *Spoiler Alert!*, but just so you know I loved it! Great movie, great cast, great premise, just all around good! How can you really go wrong with Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Rock and of course Robert De Niro though? Seriously. My suggestion to all those who haven't seen it? Watch it! Immediately! Just saying. After we watched it I went down stairs to lay down, and ended up watching the rest of "TWD" marathon. I'm completely caught up now! Love it!

**On a side note I started that 3-step Acne Regimen Saturday night, so Fingers Crossed, wish me LUCK that this one works!! It has nothing to do with this except that I started it and just felt the need to tell it. don't ask.**

Sunday: We cleaned all day! Upstairs, Downstairs, Everywhere! After we got done, we relaxed. It was kind of a long weekend :) I was going to devote my Sunday to catching up on my reading, but we started cleaning and by the time we got that done, and I took a shower, my head hurt a little. I didn't think that reading was a good idea with a headache (especially since I don't wear my glasses as much as I'm supposed to...shh, don't tell) so instead I watched "Chillers: 13 Great American Slashers". It was a countdown of TV/Movies 13 most "notorious slashers". You know from slasher films? Example: Freddy Kreuger, Michael Myers, Etc. The list went from 13 to 1. #13: Chucky- Child's Play #12: Sweeney Todd- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street #11: Candyman- " " #10: Patrick Bateman- American Psycho #9: Dexter-" " #8: PinHead- Hellraiser #7: Ghostface- Scream #6: Leatherface- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre #5: Hannibal Lecter- Silence of the Lambs #4: Norman Bates- Psycho #3: Jason Voorhees- Friday the 13th #2: Michael Myers- Halloween #1: Freddy Kreuger- Nightmare on Elm Street

Just in case you wanted to know. I'm sure you didn't, but oh well now you do. Freddy Kreuger scared the crap out of me as a child!! Still does at times. I can't help it! You can not go camping, I don't have a long lost brother, I can avoid people, but Freddy got you in your dreams! So wrong! On so many Levels!! I was really happy that Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp) made the list though. That is a really under rated movie/musical. I love it! Anyways, that's alot of what I did with my weekend. I did redo/repaint my toenails on my hobbit feet though! Applause please! Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment