Monday, July 1, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain

This passed weekend was fun, even though it rained for the majority of it. Seriously, so much rain! It rained Friday. It rained Saturday. Do you know what it did Sunday? Yep, uh huh, you guessed it, it rained. 

Friday: I worked and Momma and I went over to Aunt Susi's for a little visit/exercising. It's kind of our thing. Then when we got home, Momma received a phone call from Aunt Linda asking us to bring Shylyn down to stay with her for awhile. So we loaded up (because we decided, hell why not we'll all ride down there) and took her down to the lake house. On our way back it looked like the rain was coming. I said it. I was right. I took these pictures of the oncoming storms. Trust me, it was alot worse than it looks. It started raining on our way back, but as soon as we got home the flood gates opened. Since we knew it was going to be a rainy/stormy night, we dropped by the RedBox to rent a couple movies. We rented Dark Skies and The Wicked. Momma, Kenny, and I watched Dark Skies that night, (P.S. Stupid!! I didn't know it was about aliens, but even when I figured that one out, it wasn't even a good alien movie, it kinda made me just want to sleep), and by the time it was over (after midnight) we were all pretty tired so we went to bed. We started watching it so late, because we did some other things too. We didn't get home from taking Shylyn to Wayne and Linda's until after nine o'clock, because we stopped by and had some icecream, and drove around a bit. We like to "people watch" sometimes.


Saturday: Momma and I went with Aunt Susi to lunch, and then to a few Craft-Stores/The Goodwill. It was alot of fun. We all figured Kenny and Jim might like a quiet morning/afternoon at home alone, so we decided to head out for awhile since Uncle Roger had to work. We went to Don Pablo's to have lunch, and then we hit Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Garden Ridge, and Goodwill before swinging by DQ for icecream. Yes, I had icecream twice this passed week, so sue me! By the way, the whole time we were out Rain, Rain, Rain!! It flooded parking lots, we all got soaked (especially Aunt Susi and our feet), and you could barely see your hand in front of your face when you were driving down the road. Lovely weather. NOT! But regardless of that, we still had a very good time! It was nice getting to spend some time with my two favorite ladies! Momma got a little nutty in the craft store...When we got home we were pretty beat and chilly. We decided to stay in the rest of the evening, because the weather was so cruddy, so that's what we did. We just relaxed around the house, ate some of the Watermelon Hard Candy that we picked up at the Goodwill (I know that sounds weird), watched some TV, I read some, ran out real quick to get a burger, and ended up watching the TV/edited version of Con Air. Edited but still good. Gotta love Nick Cage and John Malkovich. I finally went to bed (almost one in the morning), and listened to the rain and storm, making up scenarios in my head until I fell asleep.


Sunday: I woke up early yesterday morning, and decided to let everyone else sleep in. I'm just nice like that, you know. I thought to myself, I'll watch that movie The Wicked alone, since we had yet to watch it, and I would be returning it. I was about the only one interested in it anyways. Note to Self: Don't watch that freakin' movie alone again! Seriously! What was I thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking by mid-ways through the movie. "Umm, Katie, I can't believe your a 23 year old woman holding onto your teddy bear". Yep, I admit it, I had my teddy bear (his name is Howard, and I've had him since the day after I was born so leave me alone, dang it). I also can't believe that I ate KettleCorn for Breakfast. Another Note: DO NOT eat KettleCorn for Breakfast, no matter how delicious it is, and how much you want it and don't want to cook. Not the healthiest breakfast. Just saying. It was really good though! After the movie was over, everybody decided to get up (go figure).


After everybody got up we went to the grocery store (By the way I call every store the grocery store for some reason, I don't know why I just always have, so when I say we went to the grocery store, we're not necessarily getting groceries. Just thought that you should know). As we went in it was RAINING, when we came out guess what? Yep, RAINING! And when we got to the house to carry in bags? You guessed it RAINING! Since it was such a gross day, we cleaned the inside of the house, and Kenny and I watched Angels and Demons. Nothing quite says passing a rainy/chilly day by quite like being cuddled up on the couch, with your puppy dog, finishing off the kettlecorn (shh, don't tell), wearing your favorite sweatshirt, and trying to explain a 2.5 hour long movie to your crazy Uncle. While your pausing it so you both can run back and forth to the bathroom (I have the bladder of an 83 year old woman that's had kids), and he can cook supper. Good Times. Good Times. Oh, and Jim made Banana Pudding Cake. I should've wore my "fatty dress" today, but I didn't so tomorrow definitely. Even though it's been raining for the passed four days, and there's more to come. I don't care. I always liked the rain, except when you have plans. Then rain sucks. Other than that though, I love it. Oh and flooding. I really dislike flooding, and people falling because stuff is slick, and letting my poor puppy outside to potty and him getting wet, other than those few things I don't mind rain at all. I find it soothing. That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment