Tuesday, July 9, 2013

There's Only One Cher!

The other night at dinner Shylyn (my little cousin) insisted on telling us about a new singer out and about. Ok, she's probably not "new" Per say, but since I had not even a small clue about her we're going with she's new. K? Ok! I don't keep up on the "new day trendy fashion/music" of my generation or the next. I like what I like, and I stick to that. What can I say? You call it stubborn, I say your probably right, but I still like what I like so I'm sticking with it.

Anyhoo, Shylyn always tells me about the "new age" stuff, and insists that I'm cool in a "rebel" way. Whatever that means. Apparently to her, I'm "cool and awesome" but not in a conventional way, because I don't keep on the "up and up" (her words not mine) and I still use the word "gnarly". She makes it sound like I'm the female James Dean of my day. Which works for me, because I love me some James Dean!! In her words I'm "badass". If only thirteen-year olds thought that way when I was thirteen. Not really, I'm not a big fan of the teenagers today. I find them, what's the word/phrase I'm looking for? Umm..."a pain in the ass". I know not nice, and I don't mean all of them, but majority rules. :) My family tends to break out into random songs (see where I get it), and we make alot of jokes. We're just fun like that. Shy was on and on about these new singers/bands (that's what she calls them, I don't really acknowledge them as an actual band, but moving on), and she came too a new singer "Cher Lloyd". To which we all replied in unison "There's Only One Cher!!" She continued to tell us about this imposture Cher, and then asked who the Cher we were talking about was.

This is how my Family and I replied to her: Momma- If She Could Turn Back Time, If She Could Find A Way Me- She Would Travel With The Gypsys, Tramps, And Thieves Kenny- Riding Shotgun With Jessie James Jim- Because She Believed In A Life After Love Momma- And She Had You Babe Me- As She Was Walking In Memphis Kenny- She Was A Half-Breed Jim- And She Knew That It Was All Or Nothing Momma- Because She Was Strong Enough Me- To Know It's A Woman's World Shy didn't get it, but we all thought we were clever and hilarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment