Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just A Little (Lot) Randomness

This past weekend went pretty good. Even though I can't sleep real late (I usually get up no later than 8 am) I felt like I caught up on rest. I know that doesn't really make any sense, but it's just the way it feels. Although, I still didn't want to get up this morning. In my defense I was sleeping so good, but am thankful that my alarm woke me up when it did, because I was having Crazy Dreams! I don't want to talk about them so let's just move on shall we? I go back to the Doctor for my final treatment this Friday and then I don't have to go back for three months. At that appointment they'll check to see if everything is taken care of, and if not then it's "pumpkin scoop" for me. Don't ask. So we shall see how it goes. I'm trying to stay my forever Optimistic self. :) If you follow my blog at all you already know what the countdown means. Yes, only fifteen more days until the SOA Season 6 premiere.

 20 19 18 17 16
15 14 13 12 11
10 09 08 07 06
05 04 03 02 01


Season 5 comes out on DVD today, along with The Great Gatsby, which I also want to see for two reasons.
Number one being...Yes, Leo DiCaprio. He's a great actor and has alot of charm and charisma. All you need for the makings of a great film. He's pretty easy on the eyes too. What can I say? I've watched him since "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" and I just can't stop. Number two, I think I would've done good in the 20s (the days that Gatsby is set in). The glamor and such. It would've been fantastic. The days of Gatsby, Barrow, Bondurant, and Dillinger. I say that because I didn't have to live through the Depression and Prohibition, but I'm still going with it. Let me be. I think I could've pulled off some of those Flapper dresses...

Friday, when Danielle and I had a little free time she decided to use  her new phone app to see what celebrity we looked like. All you do is take your picture and the app runs it through some kind of system and it tells you the celebrities that you resemble the most. Men and Women. Danielle got Sharon Stone, Kaley Cuoco, and my personal favorite Woody Harrelson. I got Candace Cameron, Mischa Barton, and some guy with a Russian name (Yohan). We both also got a couple people that we didn't have a clue who they were. We decided it's because we're average looking. Which is fine by me because Candace Cameron is pretty! So I'll take it!! All I need to do now is go Blonde :) Well, that and look about a million times better. Minor detail. I probably should start by reading her book. Reshaping It All. Maybe.

Also, Friday I finally decided to give in and order the first season of True Blood off of Amazon. I want to know what's going on and I figured starting from the beginning was the best way to go about it. Plus, it was really cheap because I ordered from a woman who had it still packaged, but wanted to sell it. Gotta love Amazon! It showed up yesterday. Then when Friday rolls around (three day weekend-Labor Day) I will most likely be having a True Blood season one marathon happening.

After running errands and doing some laundry/cleaning Saturday evening was reserved for a couple of movies. What can I say? I like to stay "low-key". The first one was The Call. It was pretty good and I would say watch it. It was relatively suspenseful and you want what happens to happen. It's kind of full of surprises. The second one was What Maisie Knew, and I thought that it was Fantastic!! I would tell anyone that asked to watch that movie. It's incredibly sad, but so worth it. If you're anything like me you are just rooting for Maisie and Lincoln the whole time against Maisie's stupid mom and dad. The relationship that develops between those two characters is just amazing, and tugs at your heart strings. It was so good!! Kudos to Alexander Skarsgard and Onata Aprile for bringing those characters to life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment