Monday, September 16, 2013

Oy Vey!

Well, that was an interesting weekend. Honestly, that's the only way I can think to describe it. There are many words that come to mind when I think about it. Words like: Fun, Hangover, Family, Friends, Laughter, Surprise, Shock, Amaze, and Stagger.


But mostly just- Interesting. Where to begin would be a wonderful way to start out. I don't even know where to though. I guess I could start with Friday night. I was hanging out with Greg and talking about all the things that are going on in his life. He asked me about everything that's been going on in mine too, but I'm not exactly what people call a "sharer". I prefer to keep all of my feelings and emotions completely bottled up inside-Where they belong! (Or apparently on this blog-don't sass.). It was nice to talk though, I don't mind hearing about his feelings/ what's going on as long as I don't have to share mine. No thanks. I have missed my ole shithead brother though. That's literally what we did all evening too. We just talked and eventually I got tired enough to where I just retired. I assume Greg would've stayed up all hours of the day and night to talk if I wouldn't have been tired and he didn't have to work that night. You would think that he was younger than me, but no. Hey, don't judge- I need my beauty rest! It takes alot of energy/effort to look this mediocre!!

Saturday brought a little of everything. Surprise, Laughter, and Budweiser. Yeah, you heard that right- Budweiser. I swear my family should own stock in a brewery. We'd make a great deal of money. That morning Momma and I went over to Aunt Poot and Uncle Darrel's house, and he put front brakes on the car for us. He's nice like that, because it would've cost this girl a small fortune to have it done at a shop. Later on that evening I was downstairs, painting my fingernails (yeah I'm trying this whole let my fingernails grow out thing-NOT SO MUCH TODAY-but I digress) when Momma yelled for me. I came upstairs and she told me there was someone in the garage that wanted to see me. I was confused but went out. It was my oldest cousin-Josh. I hadn't seen him in months because he was being a douche hasn't been around. We got to talking and Greg and him went down to the store to grab some beer. When they got back we just hung out on the back porch for awhile, drinking and Ashley and her g/f showed up. We all laughed and cut up for awhile, and they wanted us to run over to their friends house with them.

Well, since Ashley was voluntarily the DD and I was a few beers in, I agreed. We all loaded into Val's little bitty car (seeing Josh's 6'7 butt get in the backseat was hilarious) and headed over. I'm not exactly sure when, but at some point I surpassed the line in the sand that tells you that you've been drinking too much and continued too keep drinking. I literally passed that line and waved to it-because quitting was not an option by that point. My Momma didn't raise No Quitter!! Three cases of beer between Josh and I later, we decided that enough was enough. Actually enough was far too much. However, I had so much fun that it was ridiculous. We all laughed, cut up, had a good time, and for just a little bit forgot about the fact that there was bull between so many people. We were just family/friends having a good time. I hadn't done that in a long time. I think that I needed it. Ash drove us home and her and I helped Josh into the house. Yes that's right people-I not only out drank my 6'7, 260 lbs, 36 year old male cousin, but I did it and managed to help him into the house and take care of myself. The only thing that I could think to myself was- "Yep, probably should've rethought this one." But it was fun and since it's not something I do on a regular basis, I figured it's all good. I'm grown after all. :) The only thing Shylyn could ask was- "Katie you wore sweatpants to a party?" Uhh, yeah I was comfy and far too intoxicated to be trying to put on jeans. I wasn't trying to impress anybody anyways. Besides for the kind of people we were hanging out with my "gym" sweats were perfectly acceptable. Heels and "sexy" clothes would've been inappropriate. Just saying. I've never been one to get "fancy" to go hang out with friends. Unless there's a good reason.

Sunday was even far more interesting than Saturday. Why? Because not only was it the after effects of the three cases of beer, but also it was a family function day, and I got another surprise. Laying in bed debating on whether or not to take a shower at 4:45 am was probably one of the hardest decisions that I've ever had to make in my entire life. Seriously. It was harder than any food choice, relationship choice, or clothing choice-EVER! I know those things are low on the list, but let's not be overly dramatic. My head finally won over my body, because my body just wanted to stay laying down until I died, and I got up to take my shower. When I got out of the shower I laid back down for another two or three hours and got back up. I felt so much better. Kenny made me some scrambled eggs, and even though I hate eggs, I ate them because I learned very early on, if you're gonna drink alot, you better eat. It's just the facts of life. Then we all got ready and headed out to Aunt Mary's for her annual "End of Summer" shindig. That's what I'm calling it at least. We all figured that there was going to be trouble because Lord knows you can't put our whole family under one roof and someone not start something. But, believe it or not it was real nice. No fighting, no arguing, just hanging out and eating with family. Shocked the hell outta me too. Not to mention the longer I stayed in the sun and drank tea, the more my hangover subsided...Hoorah!! The kids played, and all us cousins talked and hung out. Watching Sammy kick Solae in the face with a football was priceless. Look, I know that I'm an adult, and when kids get hurt I'm supposed to be all -"How dare you! Don't do that! You're in trouble young man!" Let's face it, I'm not doing that. It was an accident and she wasn't hurt so it's appropriate for me to laugh behind people's backs. It's only fair. After the party, we all went home to relax.


We hadn't been home twenty minutes when I got a FB message. I almost didn't pay it any mind, but decided to answer it. It was an old friend of mine from my previous job. He asked where I lived at and for my address. I hadn't seen him in about four years I guess, and he said he was in town and wanted to stop by and see me. I thought that he was joking, because he does that alot and I told him he was full of crap. He said no he wasn't so I rolled my eyes, gave him the address and went on about my business figuring he wouldn't show up. Twenty minutes later I got into the shower, and after being in there for all of seven minutes Shylyn opened the door and said- "Katie! Your friend's here and he's pretty!!" I was confused and then realized who she was talking about. I quickly got out of the shower, got dressed, and went outside. Guess what? There he was. He actually showed up (I assume just to prove me wrong once again) and Kenny and Shylyn were staring at him like he was a piece of steak and they were in Lord of the Flies. Shy couldn't take her eyes off of him and was sighing when he talked. She was very smitten and the whole time I was thinking- "Yeah, he tends to have that affect on girls/women...poor girl. If I had a nickel for all the women at work that used to look at him like that, I'd be rich as shit.". It was funny. He stood up, smiled, and hugged me. And you know what? That asshole looks exactly the same! He hasn't changed one bit. I've managed to get older, fatter, and look weird. I'm still waiting to get out of my "awkward" stage for goodness sakes! Him however, still looks like he always has. He must have a deal with Satan or something. Damn him. The only thing different is he has a tiny patch of grey hair on the left side of his head, that he swears came from me. Yeah, I'm sure that it has nothing to do with his crazy ex-wife, or the heap of crazy ex-girlfriends that he's managed to collect over the years. No, according to him it was me, because I was a handful. Whatevs, I've always been delightful!!

We talked for awhile, then I took him (his friend was with him) over to Ash's house to see Greg and meet Ash, Josh, and Val. We all hung out, talked, and told stories from "back in the day". And they all argued over who I could outdrink. Yeah, thanks cousin. At least the bets were in my favor. We went back to the house, but not before I got us lost in the city. When this happened I didn't want to admit that I got us lost so I said- "Hey, remember when you used to have me give you directions while you drove?" Him- "Yeah" Me- "Remember how that always turned out?" Then his friend chimed in- "What does that mean?" His reply was- "That means we're damn lost is what that means". Oops. I told them to just keep taking lefts and we would eventually be back to the house. I was right just so y'all know!

Anyways the point is this weekend was full of fun and surprises. I think that I needed to have some fun and fun I definitely had. It was a good time, and I'm glad that I got out a little and tried to put my paranoia of the city on the backburner. I'm also happy that the family got together without killing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment