Monday, October 7, 2013

Movie(s) Review: Deadfall and The Ledge.

It's no big secret that I'm a Charlie Hunnam fan. Yes, even before he got cast in FSOG, I was a fan. I talk about my favorite tv show-SOA on here all the time, and he just happens to be the star of the show-Jax Teller. However, I was a fan of his ever since I watched him he play that creepy role in Abandon that probably wasn't appropriate for me to watch since I was twelve, now that I think about it. Then he solidified my place in his "fandom" the following year when he played Bosie in Cold Mountain. He wasn't exactly the prettiest in that movie, so to me that just proved how great of an actor he was. People weren't looking at him as a "pretty guy" but instead wanted to see what he could do. He didn't disappoint. He was in a few tv shows, plays, and movies before then, but those are the first ones I just so happened to see. I'm saying all of this because I watched a couple of his movies that I hadn't seen. Even though my favorite one will probably forever remain 3,2,1....Frankie Go Boom, because it's just as hilarious as it gets, I have yet to see one of his movies that I don't like.    

I watched his movie DeadFall Saturday evening. I actually enjoyed it. I've been waiting for it to become available for awhile. It wasn't in the RedBox, so I had to wait. Not much you can do, especially when you don't go to video stores.I was going to talk about it sooner, but I figured I'd just wait a couple of days and kill two birds with one stone :)


As soon as this movie started I was all-WTH? It was crazy just to start with. Then as it went on and on it got crazier and crazier. I was hollerin' at the screen and pulling the blanket up over my face on this one. It had me a nervous wreck. Eric Bana is crazier than hell, Olivia Wilde is still as gorgeous as ever damn her, and Charlie is such a badass. I mean like a real badass. You go boy! It's a little all over the place, but if you watch it and keep up it's totally worth it. All of the actors really show some of what they can do in this one. I'm sure it's not easy playing a psychopath, or a recently released convict, or even whatever the hell Olivia Wilde was playing, I'm still not sure about that one, but they all did it very well. Besides it also has Kris Kristofferson and Sissy Spacek as Charlie's parents, and I mean how can you go wrong with those two?   

Tonight I watched his movie The Ledge. I've been wanting to see it for awhile now, but haven't gotten the chance. It was released in 2011, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, I found it. It was on NetFlix. In fact a couple of his movies are, even though the only tv show of his on there is SOA. I guess the fact that he got cast as Christian Grey in the film adaptation of FSOG has made him a little more in demand. I'm glad that I loved him before he snagged that role.


I liked this one even better than Deadfall. I don't know why I would compare the two since they're completely different, but you say tomato I say goldenblach. This one starts with Charlie standing on a ledge contemplating jumping, with Terrence Howard (who has alot of his own issues) trying to talk him down. Asking why he's doing all of this, Charlie starts to tell his story going back and forth between the past and present. While he's telling all of this, Terrence and him become kind of "bonded" and he starts telling Charlie what's happening with him. By the way their names in real life are Charlie and Terrence, not in the movie. Just saying. Of course Liv Tyler is the love interest because she just seems to be utterly perfect in every role, and I love the roommate in it. Charlie is amazing in this one, he really shows some of his emotional range. It's great. I won't tell you what all happens, but let me just say when you watch it-Have tissues on hand. It's a sad one!

No comments:

Post a Comment