Monday, November 11, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Strange: Phone Call Edition

Today has been a day for random things to happen, especially in the telephone department. By the way I was thinking- What did people do before phones? Not landlines, I know about telegraph, carrier pigeons and Morse Code, I mean cell phones. I remember we didn't have them growing up, and even when I became a teenager my friends and I didn't have them, because we didn't want them. But some people seem like they couldn't survive without this little piece of technology. Personally, I prefer letters. Although in case of emergency phones are preferable. In any case I got three phone calls today, well actually Kenny got the last one, and it got me thinking. {{On a completely unrelated topic I would just like to say that there are three songs that I just can't seem to get out of my head today. Make You Feel My Love- Adele, thanks to the Amos Lee station on Pandora, Hallelujah- Nicole Nelson, thanks once again to Pandora, and Eternal Flame- Candice Accola, thanks to The Vampire Diaries. Girls got a pretty voice on her, that's probably one of my favorite parts of the show so far. By the way, I'm still really loving TVD. Just saying. I watched three more episodes of it tonight. Still on Season 2.}}

The Strange: After Greg woke me up at three something this morning, he knocked on the window and woke me up I had no clue it was him so what did I do? Go outside in the cold weather wearing shorts with a club ready to hit somebody with it. That's what. Now that I think about it, I really should have woke somebody else up or something, but I'm a bit stubborn. My bad. Anyways, after making it back down the stairs and falling back out my phone rang just a little past seven. I say phone call, even though it was a text message. Just go with it people, please? It was John. You know John, the friend of ours that I consider to be my brother as well. He might as well be. Well, it was him. It took me a minute to get my eyes to focus and realize what was going on, and finally when I became at least partially coherent I answered his message. He was on his way home from work after an eighteen hour shift and needed help to stay awake so he wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel. I know what you're thinking- "Katie, texting and driving while sleepy is even more dangerous!" Calm down, he's got that thing on his phone that you talk into it and it types what you say for you and reads what others text back aloud. I don't know what it's called. Anyways, being the loving person that I am I stayed awake to talk to him until he got home. By that time he was ready for bed and I was wide awake. Those boys are lucky that I love them.

The Good: Since Shylyn had one of her little friends over today so they could apparently make YouTube videos that you can watch here or here...Don't ask...I decided that I would give them their privacy and stay upstairs all day. I did a few chores and then read Outlander. By the way ya'll...I finished it...All 800 and some odd pages of it...Go me!! At around two o'clock my phone rang call this time and it was Noodle! I haven't got to talk to her in about a month or so, because we both been so busy. But today she called and we talked to each other for along time. You know, just catching up. She was telling me about her book that is going to start being sold in stores...yay! and all about how her second one is coming along. She managed to erase and re-write the first eight chapters of it this morning. She manages to do that alot. We've always been a bit alike in that way. We talked about the family. She asked about Momma and I told her all about her and everyone else, and then I asked her about her family which is beyond psychotic, but I did finally realize that Chad and Suzzanne are married with a baby...only took me a year to figure that one out...thanks Noodle. We talked about work, and of course we smack talked about all of the people that we either went to school with, road our bus, or that we used to hang out with. Nothing mean, just reminiscing. Amazingly enough, I was right about most of them. I told you she was crazy and conniving Noodle! You know who I'm talking about. When Noodle and I talk or get together there is usually alot of random dancing, singing, and inappropriate jokes being made. Just saying. We started talking about an old mutual friend of ours, that we had no clue was a mutual friend for a real long time because he's the one thing that we did hide from each other...No, not like that get your minds out of the gutter, and we laughed alot. We always do. Anyways, I haven't seen him since I was seventeen and haven't talked to him since I was eighteen or nineteen. I kind of disappeared, then he did, and next thing you know we lost touch. Noodle and I have talked about this alot, because she had no clue where he was either. Well, as we were getting off of the phone I said- "Talk to you later Sweetie, Love you". To which she replied- "By the way Katie, I'll tell you where Ben is the next time we talk, I found him, Love you too!" And then she hung up leaving me with a million questions. Thanks Noodle, way to leave a girl hanging! It's all good though, I still love ya.

The Bad: This evening Kenny got a phone call from Aunt Mary telling all of us that my cousin had been found in her bed, she had passed away. I'm not particularly close to Tonya, but I hate to hear that she passed away. To say it was a shock for almost everyone is a bit of an understatement. I can't say that I'm really all that shocked. I'm not saying anything bad, honest, I just think that I've seen so many people pass away, taken care of them, loved them, grieved for them, that sometimes I just take it a different kind of way. I don't really know how to explain it, but I kind of know what I mean in my head. I guess what I'm trying to say is, these kinds of things make me sad, but not necessarily shock me. Not saying that it can't shock me, because Lord knows that it can, but not all of the time. It's strange, and like I said I don't know how to explain it. Just thought that I would share. Goodnight y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment