Monday, November 25, 2013

This Past Week

If you follow me on Instagram then you already know that I re-read two of my favorite books last week. Thinking about doing it again. What I forgot to mention was that they are also written by one of my favorite Authors, Teresa Medeiros, as well. I own all of her books and have read them numerous times. Some more so than others of course. I love her writing. When she writes you automatically feel like you are that character. I'll just be sitting there reading and all of the sudden it's like I am that person. Her writing is literally that vivid. I love it. Most of it is of course Fiction, purely for entertainment purposes, but some of it could be true. I guess it depends on how optimistic of a person you are. I have no problem reading "Fantasy", it's no different than watching a movie or letting your mind wander. Although, sometimes my mind does tend to get away from me. I can't help it, too much imagination, not enough head space.

My two favorites just so happen to be about Vampires. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking, but it's not like that. It's not Twilight by any means. Not saying that there's anything wrong with Twilight, but I like my Fictional Vampires a little...What's the word? Tougher and less Sparkly. I'm old school. The sun is supposed to burn them and turn them to dust bunnies, not a piece of Lady Gaga jewelry. Just saying. That's just one girls opinion though. Spoiler Alerts!! The two books actually go together. The first one- After Midnight- centers around Caroline Cabot. She is the eldest sister out of three, and has taken care of her two younger sisters for years. Ever since their parents were killed in a carriage accident. I know that sounds weird, but it's set in the 1800s. People had carriage accidents back in the day just like we have car crashes now. It's just true. When middle sister, Vivienne, writes Caroline to tell her that she's met a wealthy Viscount, Caroline loads herself and their youngest sister, Portia, up and goes to meet them. Of course Caroline has given up so much to care for her sisters. Portia is eccentric, convinced in the super- natural and trying to convince Caroline that the Viscount himself is a vampire. Caroline drums all of this up to her sisters imagination and they head to a dinner party held at his castle/home. At Midnight. There is a man spouting out poetry and Caroline convinced that it's their host begins to laugh while everyone else is smitten, including Portia. She ends up having a conversation with a "beautiful" man about the guy she thinks is the host, telling him all about the rumors and how amusing that she finds it. Come to find out the man that she was talking to was the actual Viscount, Adrian Kane, and the man talking was his brother, Julian Kane. Embarrassing! She ends up falling for him, but is thoroughly convinced that he's a vampire. So what does she do? Well, what any sensible woman does of course. Stalk him until she finds whatever it is she's looking for. Duh!! I won't tell you everything that happens, but I definitely want to tell you to read it!!

The second one- The Vampire Who Loved Me- is set six years after where the first one left off. It centers mostly around Julian Kane and Portia Cabot, who became "close" in the first one. Basically, some things happened in the crypt and Portia saved Julian's life but no one really knows what happened except the two of them. But on a mission to save him yet again, and determined to see if he still loves her Portia is relentless in her endeavors. She reminds me a bit of myself actually. You know annoying with more imagination than good sense about your own well being. Oh well, that's the price you pay for being a Hopeless Romantic I guess. Anyways, like I said about the first one I won't tell you too much, but I will tell you to go ahead and read it, because it's good too! And in case any of you are interested in reading anymore of her books, I put together a little something to help ya'll find them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I myself do. Here are the titles, and the years that they were released.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment