Monday, December 2, 2013

Oh how wrong we were, to think that immortality meant never dying.

I'm sure by now that everyone has heard about the tragic accident that claimed the life of actor Paul Walker and his friend, Roger Rodas, this past Saturday. He was an amazing actor and it's sad to think that he passed away so young. It's always sad when people pass away, let alone when they're young. And forty to me is young. People of course are talking about all of this in many ways, including Buzzfeed, and The Daily Mail, but instead of talking about his death or his personal life, because I didn't know the man in real life, I thought that I would instead list my top favorite movies of his. After all, I've been watching him since I was still a little girl. I'm honestly going to miss seeing new films of his be released. I thought that he was beyond beautiful. 

{{Just so ya'll know, I am completely right on this one. I mean come on, look at that smile. BE-A-UTIFUL! What do you do when you're that beautiful of a man? Seriously he's a pretty guy. That smile, that hair, those eyes.....Sorry, I just zoned out for a minute. Come on, he's gorgeous and you know it. If I was a guy I would want to look like Paul Walker. The first time I saw him I was like nine and even then I'm pretty sure that I was drooling. Just saying. Even though he played a jerk in that movie, I was still smitten. Gawking Table for one right here!}}

So Here They Are, My Top Five Favorite Paul Walker Films...

5: Takers (2010)- John Rahway
Bank robbers that look incredible and suave while they're robbing folks? Yep, that's exactly what's happening here. He is so incredibly smart and tricky in this film. Always having something up his sleeve. It's like Point Break, without all the surfboards. Instead of surfboards they had trucks and Russians. I know I'm probably not great at describing this, but all I can say is watch it. It's awesome.   

4: Joy Ride (2001)- Lewis Thomas
I know that they've made about a million movies like this in the past, but this one is by far the greatest. Although I have a hard time picturing Paul Walker and Steve Zahn being brothers by looking at them, they still manage to pull it off without a hitch. Besides being awesome it has also fueled my paranoia for CB radios and frankly strangers in general. Like I didn't have plenty of issues to begin with, but it's all good. Besides it made me realize that CandyCane is not a term of endearment.

3: Into The Blue (2005)- Jared
He was so cool in this movie that he didn't even need a last name. He was strictly just Jared. He re-united with Scott Caan (their first movie being VB in '99), and it was awesome. I bet Jessica Alba was happy as a kid in a candy store. I know I would've been. He's a deep sea diver/ treasure hunter and of course his old buddy Bryce (Caan) gets him into all kinds of trouble. How they go from treasure to cocaine is beyond me, but it works and it's a great movie. I always suggest it to people. Much better than Open Water.

2: The Fast and Furious Franchise (2001-2013)- Brian O'Connor
Come on like you didn't see this one coming. We all know him best for Brian O'Connor. What can I say? I may be a girl, but I love me some car movies. Especially if they involve Paul Walker and Vin Diesel. Don't judge me, they are great movies. I've never watched Tokyo Drift all the way through, Hello! No Paul Walker, No Vin Diesel, No Thank You, even though I do like the guy in it. But this is probably his most famous role and he's reprised it for 6.5 movies. Even if they finish the seventh one, they will never be the same without him. You just can't replace him. He has so much charisma and people just fell in love with him instantly. He's the reason women wanted to start getting arrested. Just saying.  

1: Varsity Blues (1999) Lance Harbor
If there is one thing that I love more than car movies, it's a good football movie. Especially, if the men playing just happen to have an adorable accent to go with it. Texan Southern Drawl? Yes, Please. This is by far my favorite movie of Paul Walker's, and honestly all the rest of the cast. He plays a quarterback who gets his career ruined before it even begins. His friends help him through it though. They take their Football very serious in Texas you know. If you have yet to watch it then I only have one question for you- Are you nuts?! 

He's been in numerous other movies and made guests appearance including, but not limited to: The movie I've always meant to watch- Flags of Our Fathers (2006)- Hank Hansen. The movie that I watched once and refused to ever watch again, because I cried so hard that I couldn't stand it- Eight Below (2006)- Jerry Shepard. And the first movie that I ever watched with him in it- She's All That (1999)- Dean Sampson. He was such an ass in that one, but for some reason you still loved him. It's like that with all of his movies. He Truly Was Golden.

{{September 12, 1973-November 30, 2013}}

No comments:

Post a Comment