Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (film)


I watched this movie last night and I loved it. I had noticed that there were a bunch of negative reviews, but I always like to decide for myself. Maybe it's because I haven't read the books...yet...but I really liked/enjoyed it. I thought that it was awesome. Now whether that was dependent on the action, Jace/Clary relationship, or the fact that John Rhys-Meyers in it, I don't know. Yes, I really will watch anything with him in it. Honestly, I think it's just because it was a great movie. To me at least. Not to mention- Jamie Campbell Bower? wow! I've seen him in a million little things, including Twilight...yuck. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street...poor kid needs a bath and a sandwich, but he's got potential. In Anonymous...pretty nice. In this one...omg, wowza! I don't know what it is. It could be the arrogance, the lines, the moves, the hair, the bad boy/psycho look in his eye. I don't know, but whatever it is he needs to keep on keeping on with it. You go, boy! I was very pleased to hear that they were going to continue with the making of the second film, and hopefully all of them. I hate when they start a series and don't finish it. I now of course want the book series, I've perused it all on YouTube, and now I want to share some of my favorite parts/lines from the film...

Favorite line from Jace...

 
Favorite meme from the film...


I laughed hysterically and agreed...


The fight scenes were...AMAZEBALLS...


I told you Jamie was...yummy...just saying...


If people are comparing, he sooo kicks Edward's ass...and then some...


It had some cool special effects too...don't let the "haters" stop you from watching...


And of course there was the "love" element...Edward&Bella who?...


I liked the film so much that I literally watched in twice in a row and then commenced to googling everything about the series so I would know what happens, and if things were as they seemed. I had to know! I'm real impatient like that. Oops. Anyways, I just wanted to say that if you were on the fence about it at all, go ahead and hop on over and watch it. It's got action, demons, angels, love, tattoos, passion, special effects, vampires, werewolves, hot shadow hunters, glitter, time warping, jokes, actually just a little bit of everything. Watch it! I can't wait until I get the series and the next film comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment