Friday, January 24, 2014

My hair had grown out long and shaggy-not in that sexy-young-rockstar kind of way, but in that time-to-take-Rover-to-the-groomer kind of way.

So.... I've been throwing around and playing with the idea of completely changing my hair. I was ready to dye my brown hair blonde, get some highlights, cut, blow dry, straighten, then curl it. I was literally ready to rock that shit out. I completely blame Candice Accola for this idea that I had. I mean let's face it, she's so cute and bubbly that I was all- I can rock her look.

Umm...turns out- no. No I can't. Why? Because I am my own person and I like to do, look, say, listen to, read, watch, and wear everything that I like. Not just because someone else has it, does it, or wears it. It's just never been me. I was thinking blonde hair would be easier for me, because I could use dry shampoo and let it go.

Guess what? After I got my head out of the clouds and settled back on planet reality I realized a little something. When you have brown hair like me you have to bleach your hair, which is fine for a time or two, but eventually after continue use not only will it kill/fry all of the hair on your head undoubtedly making you look like Walt White, but that shit is expensive. Just saying.

Not to mention I've tried the blonde hair thing. Technically I've tried the every color hair thing and I'm not even exaggerating. Seriously every color. And every time I do- I end up liking it for all of four minutes and dying it back dark brown. See I read very much and watch masses of TV. Apparently while I was doing this I somehow picked up that blonde meant classy. No it doesn't. Then I realized some of my favorite Ladies, and yes I do stress the Ladies, in history literary, cinematic, and otherwise were brunette.

I have always loved my dark hair and I've never quite figured out why I've ever tried to change it in the past. Well, no more. I'm done. I still want something a little different, and lord knows I need a haircut like a beaver needs a chunk of wood, but I'm sticking with my roots. Get it? Cause my roots are dark, haha I crack myself up. Just thought that I would put that out there. I know that this was random, and didn't make a lot of sense, but I just thought I'd put it out there in the universe. By the way, I thought I'd share a pic of two of my favorite brunettes. I'm thinking this is the way to go with my hair. When it gets down to it, it's just who I am. Happy Friday- my 2nd favorite "F" word!!

No comments:

Post a Comment