Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What I've been watching lately

I watch a whole bunch of television. We all know this. It's nothing new. And I'm not going to stop, because I love it. That's just how I am. TV and books. Books and TV. With those two things, it's all good. Moving on. With the inevitable ending of Sons of Anarchy back in December, I'm forced to find other sources of televisional is that a word? entertainment. I've always been one to watch a bunch of movies, because I'm boring and that's what I like to do, and of course there are those shows on TV that are so addicting that you feel the need to keep watching. So I thought that I would share...

  • Bitten. This show is the newest in my Syfy channel addictions. Why is it that Syfy always has the best movies and TV shows ever? It seems like they're all imported from Canada too. I think that all of these awesome shows from Canada (i.e. Lost Girl, Being Human, Haven and now Bitten, etc.) are the Canadians way of trying to apologize and make up to us for sending down Justin Beiber and Jennifer Tilly. Well played Canada, well played. Anyway, Bitten is about a clan of werewolves, specifically Elena that has abandoned her "night life" and is trying to be normal. The catch? She's got a whole adopted family and a husband that she loves. It's good, everybody should watch it.
  • Dallas Buyers Club. Holy crap. When I seen the previews for this movie, I immediately knew that I was going to watch it. I like to watch movies that are based on real lives, except when they're sad, then I get really sad. I mean come on, I don't want bad things to happen to people. This movie was so good for so many reasons. It's based on the life of Ron Woodruff. A Texan man that is diagnosed with HIV in 1985, when the epidemic had been happening for a few years. It was a scary time and people were doing any and everything that they could to survive. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? Anyway, this is his story and how he overcame not only the odds, but also his own prejudices and learns to accept and to love. It was a truly moving movie. And also, Jared Leto. Oh me, oh my. You know what I learned about him from this movie. That he's a great actor? No, I already knew that. I learned that no matter what you do to Jared Leto, he is still absolutely beautiful. His character was amazing! And he is beyond incredible.
  • The Following. I got hooked on this show last year and when I saw the previews for this season I was all- Yes! This show follows Detective Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) on his hunt for serial killer Joe Carroll. You could say they are "arch enemies". With the help of the FBI, mainly Detective Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) they hunt Carroll and his cult down. They don't know who can be trusted and are constantly putting their lives and the lives of their loved ones at risk. It's an "addicting" one.
  • Other movies- Carrie. (The remake). It was good. Not as good as the original, but then again no one can really beat Sissy Spacek. However, Chloe Grace Mortez definitely made it her own, and it was pretty awesome. The Family. This one wasn't near as good as I thought that it was going to be. Don't get me wrong it had it's funny parts, but mostly I thought that it was just to boring and too long. Stuck in Love. This one was real cute. Hello, Logan Lerman! I thought that it was cute and a great little pick me up movie. Don't get me wrong, it had some really gut-wrenching scenes, but it was great nonetheless. World War Z. This was like the Resident Evil movies and the movie Contagion combined. I was sketchy on watching it, so I avoided it for months, but every time a commercial for it came on Kenny said how much he wanted to see it. So I eventually gave in and rented it. I wouldn't watch it over and over again, but it was good. Riddick. It was cute, but I've never been big on the Riddick movies. I like Vin as Torretto. Love Actually. Danielle had been telling me to watch it for like two months and I have avoided it for at least ten years, but I finally gave in and watched it. I'm glad that I did, now I know what all the fuss is about. And of course I re-watched Into the Blue and Selena.    
  • Other TV shows- Chicago PD. Hello, Jesse Lee Soffer! Chicago Fire. Come on winter break, get these episodes back on!! NCIS: LA. I love me some Deeks, buddy! New Girl. I want to be Zooey Deschannel so bad. 2 Broke Girls. Shylyn tells me that I remind her of Max (Kat Dennings) all the damn time. I'll take that as a compliment. The Originals. Klaus Mikaelson really gets me. Plus he's hot. He says things like- I fancy you. Which you know, totally makes up for the fact that he tends to be pretty evil. Re-runs of Law and Order: SVU. Elliot Stabler is the shit. The Big Bang Theory. **knockknockknock** Penny **knockknockknock** Penny **knockknockknock** Penny. Sheldon is my hero! I would definitely date a Sheldon or a Leonard, and it would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment