Friday, February 14, 2014

Yes, I am in fact 24

As most know yesterday was my 24th birthday. I'm not really sure what to do with that, but either way you go it's just kind of there. It was a good birthday. I had fun, got a couple of good laughs, made some memories, and even put in a full shift at work while doing all of this. I don't mind working on my birthday, I've never really celebrated it so it's not a big deal to me. I do feel strange saying that I'm 24 though. I don't even feel close to that. I guess if you don't put too much thought into it then it's really not all that bad. But since I kind of told people how I felt yesterday, I figured I would go ahead and let you know about it.
  • Aunt Susi picked me up for work, because her and Momma were spending the day together, and then she was taking her to the doctor. They were the first two to wish me a happy birthday.
  • Uncle Roger gave me my card/gift card that we all get from work on our birthdays, but he slipped a "little something" from him under the envelope flap. I of course thanked him and told him he didn't have to do that, and in true Uncle Roger fashion he pretended like he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
  • I got about a million messages on my "timeline" via FB to wish me happy birthday. Isn't it funny that people that you don't ever talk to manage to tell you happy birthday and then not talk to you for another year? I think that's a little funny. I only wish people that I like a happy birthday. Just saying. (My favorite one is from Dea- "Happy birthday to one of the coolest leg shaking bitches i know lol! Love you miss you, hope you had a wonderful day and a damn good nite!"- Love it!!)
  • I was in such a good mood. I was laughing, and cutting up. Talking and just having a pretty great day. Especially considering we were busy at work. Then dipshit called me at work. I of course hung up on him, because well...I don't like him, and that put me in a kind of crappy mood. After a little bit though I was all- screw this, I'm not going to let him ruin my awesome day, so I didn't.
  • Dani gave me a ride home since Kenny had to have the car to get Shy (which he ended up not needing, because she stayed home from school, but that's beside the point) and we stopped by Kmart real quick to pick up her couple of things for supper and Jayna a little valentine present. Well, we thought that it would be real quick. It only took us about ten minutes to get everything, but we were in the checkout line for a good twenty. It was crazy! Then Dani saw some members of our family that we usually try to avoid, and while we looked stupid trying to look as far down as possible, and trying to hurry the cashier along, I know we looked even dumber running out to the car. Dani was in heels!!
  • Kenny made spaghetti (my favorite) for supper and we all ate together like we always do. 
  • I ran with Momma to pick up her medicine and to the store, because I needed a couple of things. When we got back there was a full house. No, not the show Greg, his girlfriend, and three of her kids came up to see me. And Ashley, Patsy, and Solae were there. So many people!
  • Greg and Chrissy got me an awesome balloon and card and she made me, wait for it- a chocolate cheesecake, a pumpkin cheesecake, and a chocolate cake. Yes, since she didn't know my favorite she made me three cakes.
  • They all sang happy birthday to me, we ate cake, and talked amongst ourselves. It was pretty nice. Then Ashley, Patsy and Solae left and Greg, Chrissy, and the rest of us hung out for a little bit longer. Then Greg decided that it would be a good/funny idea to smash shaving cream into my face, record it, and put it on "Vine". If I end up on the internet (video that is) I'm gonna beat him! He took off running out the front door and I went right out after him. In socks. Through the snow and ice. Into the road and put all the shaving cream all over him to. The kids of course were running with us and loving it!
  • When everybody left I washed my face and went downstairs to rest. It was a long/busy day. When I got down there I watched Season05Episode01 of Dexter. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day :)

Now it's valentines day and after the past two days I feel like I'm about 500 pounds. Which I'm going to have to get over, because Uncle Roger got me a box of chocolates for today. Thank you, Uncle Roger!! Oh...and Cricket got her a little valentine! A boy at school likes her and wanted to be her valentine. So he asked and got her a little present, so I told Momma to swing by the store this morning before school so that she can pick him out a little something. She's so excited! I swear if that little boy ends up not getting her her valentine, picking on her, or hurting her feelings after how excited she is I'm gonna go and kick the snot out of him. Just saying. But because I don't really celebrate it (even though Momma picked me up a little something for Uncle Roger, Aunt Susi, Bonehead and Dani) I didn't think that I would do a post for "the day of love&romance&hearts". Instead I thought I'd just keep talking about yesterday. By the way, tomorrow I'm going with Aunt Susi to get my birthday present from Momma. What's that you ask? Well, I get my hair done!! Or my hair did for those who insist on being silly. By the way (I don't wanna be a prude)...

No comments:

Post a Comment