Monday, March 3, 2014

Because I can't think of a different title

I have no real reason for writing this. Nor do I have any real sense of direction, but a couple of things happened this weekend and I thought that I would share. Just because I can. And I want to. And I'm trying to pass the time.

  • Shylyn wanted to watch a scary movie, and has been for weeks. I'm not sure why because she freaks out every time, but I finally gave in and rented- The Conjuring- for us. She thought that she was so cool, until about 15 minutes in and she ended up practically sitting in my lap, screaming and terrified. I'm pretty sure at some point during the night she ended up crawling into bed with me, because she was so scared. I tried to tell her. 
  • I went shopping with Aunt Susi and Aunt Mary. We went to the mall, Kohl's, and Target. I got some new clothes and we had a nice time. Those two can be really funny when you get them together. Not to mention, I love some of my new clothes
  • Also, Momma and I took Shylyn to get her some new underclothes and such. She needed some BAD.
  • This morning our furnace went out and it was SO cold. The guy eventually came over and fixed it, but that wasn't until later in the evening. We were freezing by then. You wanna know something that I learned though? I learned that the unsung heroes of the north: furnace repair men.
  • Shy is all the time asking me personal questions about being a teenager, and boys, and life experiences, and on and on. So I managed to come up with a solution to all of these problems. A little trick that will teach her what she needs to know about life. What is it you ask? Well, I currently have her watching the entire series of- Dawson's Creek- on Netflix. (I'm also watching it with her) Yep, you heard me. I got my advice from the creek, so can she. I am officially a GENIUS. Just so you know I was always #TeamPacey all the way.
  • I need to take a little break from watching Dexter (you know I love me some Netflix), so I started watching Breaking Bad. Or, BrBa for the "hip" kids. I've watched bits and pieces of episodes here and there (I even own the first season on DVD), but I've never really watched it, especially from the beginning. Until now. What can i use to describe it? Holy. Hell. That. Is. All. Amazing!! Am I the only one that thinks Aaron Paul is gorgeous by his own right? Yes? No? Maybe? Oh well. No shame here.
Oh I almost forgot, the Oscars were last night. Now, we all know that I wanted my main man- Leonardo DiCaprio- to win, because I think that he should have at least five Oscars by now, but he lost out (it's ok, I still love you Matthew). However, another one of my top five guys won the gold. Jared Leto for best supporting actor y'all!! Holla! Did I use that slang right? Oh, and just for the "cool kids" (basically me and no one else because it's pathetic) Jackie Burkehart and Michael Kelso are engaged. In real life. I know, right?!! Come on Eric Foreman and Donna Pinciotti!!I always liked Foreman and Pinciotti better. No offense, Kelso and Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment