Friday, April 11, 2014

I would look good (not really, but go with it) if I knew it all

As a girl we are expected to be able to juggle many things at one time. A whole lot. We are supposed to be able to juggle a family, a job, extracurricular activities, and look really good while we do it. People are always telling us to have our hair done, our makeup applied, and dress like we're gonna meet the love of our life every day. We are supposed to look our best selves- AT. ALL. TIMES.

With that being said, let's be honest for a minute. I don't have the time, effort, nor the energy to be doing all of that everyday. I commend the women who do/can, but I am just not one of those girls. And I don't even have kids or husband/boyfriend (I can feel you judging me right now). So if I did I would be an even bigger mess than I already am. And that's saying a LOT. To put it as blunt and honest as possible- I am a BIG OLE MESS. And that's being gentle. There really and truly are no words for it.

(I just wanted an excuse to show y'all a picture of me and Tayder!!)

Hats are my friend. I like to wear sweatpants and leggings with baggy t-shirts. And I don't care who has a problem with it. I've always been comfort over style, and I don't foresee it changing anytime soon. Don't get me wrong I like to dress cute, and I don't wear sweats at work or anything, but at home or going to the store I look like a hobo. I hardly ever wear makeup on the weekends, and if I didn't work in an office where I'm meant to look at least presentable I probably wouldn't on weekdays. I love makeup, but it takes so much time to apply right. 

And my hair? HA! Let's talk about my hair for a minute. I got it cut and colored about a month and a half/two months ago and I love it. However, that doesn't keep me from wearing it up in a ponytail/messy bun thing (and by messy bun I don't mean the cute ones either, I mean just messy). My hair is naturally wavy, so in order to fix it and make it look good I first have to blow it out and then straighten and/or curl it. Do you know how time consuming this is? Don't get me wrong , I have the time, but to be perfectly honest I'm lazy and even though I want to look good, I don't want to put forth the effort. I know, I'm horrible. Sorry, but not sorry. With all of this being said I would like to put something else out there. There are certain things that a girl can do to improve her looks immensely, and if I knew how to do them then I would look so much better. I think I forever look like a hobo though. I like my hobo ways :) Don't get me wrong, I've tried to do these things, but just can't seem to comprehend or get the hang of these things. Number one would be putting together cute outfits and wearing them all of the time. I try to do this, but I fail miserably. And it's EPIC. Sometimes I end up looking like Liza and weird Al's love child. Like I said- EPIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment