Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Where were you? What were you doing?

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was fourteen, living in Tennessee, about to finish my freshman year of high school and move to Alabama. That's the year my life got flip turned and started to change the most. Some for the better. Some for the worst, but either way it's all good. It was definitely the year that changed everything. Not to mention that was the year my hair was growing out from that feathered haircut/bangs that I had. YIKES!

What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago I was nineteen, living (back) in Tennessee, working as a CNA at the local nursing home. I had been out of high school around a year, and had decided to work to take care of Momma and Grammy as opposed to college. I always aspired to college, but when the time came to make the decisions, I went with what I thought was best. I don't regret my decision. I started making a few bad decisions (not too bad), and started dating an idiot. I mean that too, he was an idiot and we were together far too long. Which is weird to me, because I didn't even like him. So why did I stay with him??! That's a really good question.

What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago I was living back in Indiana (where I was born) with Jim and Kenny (just like now). I had not been working at my job long, and I was going back and forth to the lady doctor a LOT, because I was having to get checked out and start having treatments soon after. (I had some issues with some cancerous cells that were on my cervix, so I had to have treatments to try and remove them before the spread or progressed. I'm doing better now, and only have to go for check-ups every six months. Fingers crossed.) I started losing weight and learning all about blogging :) Basically, I turned my whole world/life upside down. And I don't regret that decision either. A year later- I'm happy, relatively healthy, and in a very good place in my life. I may not have a lot, but I have a lot more than some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment