Friday, April 4, 2014

I've always wondered- What happened to Max Dennison?!!

When I was little Hocus Pocus was one of the movies that I loved the most. I continually watched- The Wizard of Oz, Anastasia, Calamity Jane, White Christmas, and Hocus Pocus. I even made everyone around me watch it five million times. I wish I was exaggerating. I also watch it a few times a year as an adult. No, not just at Halloween either. I watch Hocus Pocus all year round, just like I watch White Christmas all year round. They just never get old to me. Why? Because they are amazing! You know you've thought the exact same thing.

Max Dennison was our first crush and still lives on in our hearts as the ultimate teenage "dude". But whatever happened to Max Dennison after Hocus Pocus? That's what I wanted to know. I'm not going to lie, I didn't even know his real name. It's Omri Katz, btw. So I literally had to Google Max Dennison. That's ok though, because to me he always will be. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Don't get me wrong- I was all about Thackeray Binx too. To me growing up, they were the ultimate everything. Them and JTT and Arnie Grape, that is. Did y'all know that Arnie Grape was supposed to play Max Dennison, but dropped out to play Arnie? Well, if not, you do now. I'm glad it worked out that way. I can't picture anybody being those two, except those two.

I mean, Thackeray Binx went on to star in NCIS, and Dani has been in about a million (pretty great, but not as classic as Hocus Pocus- American Beauty or not) films herself. Allison went on to be in the Hills Have Eyes remake, and Sarah Sanderson can stay young forever, because she straight up married Ferris Bueller. We know that Winifred has traveled the world and that Mary returned to the convent to help form a choir with Whoopi to save the school. Even Billy Butcherson got a happy ending- he's one of the most go to actors for Sci-fi/fantasy films. All of these people I have seen in something over the years. Or at least heard about them. Something.

But Max? What happened to Max? That's the question that lingered on my brain. So, I went in search and found out that he's now a hairdresser. I would so let Max Dennison do my hair! And take a selfie with him, of course. But with this I also found this youtube video from about seven or eight years ago. For shame, Max. I mean, I still love you. You will forever have a special place in my heart as my beloved Max Dennison, but- Come on, dude. Where's ICE when you need him? I put it to a vote, a Max comeback. HOCUS POCUS 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment