Friday, May 30, 2014

These are my confessions: "Friends" edition

Can you believe that it's been ten years since the show that we all loved, and if you didn't/don't you're an idiot, came to an end? One decade ago. I was barely a teenager. Oh. My. God. How old did I just sound right then? It's been ten years since we got to hear- WE WERE ON A BREAK, Phoebe sang Smelly Cat, and a magazine was delivered to Ms. Chanandler Bong. It's been ten years since Joey asked us how we were doin, Monica's OCD kicked in, and someone made a Ross dinosaur/divorce joke. Good times, good times. In honor of the ten year anniversary of this show, I thought that I would share with you some of my true confessions about it. Because it was is awesome. Enjoy.

I confess: That I love the show Friends. I have watched every episode at least one hundred times, and still watch all of the re-runs that I can. One of these days, I will have all of the DVDs. I also secretly record it on the DVR. {{Thank you, TBS.}} It's in my top five favorite shows.


I confess: That Chandler Muriel Bing always has been, and forever will be my my favorite character on the show. Also, I find him incredibly attractive. I think it's the sense of humor.


I confess: That I cry every time I watch episode(s):

03x16 (The one with the morning after) Because nothing was more devastating than the first time that Ross and Rachel broke up.


NOTHING.

06x25 (The one with the proposal) Because there is no proposal in the history of the world (besides Rocky's to Adrian) that was any sweeter than Chandler and Monica's.

Insert waterworks RIGHT HERE. 

10x18 (The one where Rachel goes to Paris/the Last One) Because you know exactly why.

SHE GOT OFF THE PLANE.

I confess: That I use Ross's signature go to H-E-double hockey sticks move. I always have and I always will.


I confess: That when I was a fifteen year old waitress I was secretly hoping that things would work out for me like Rachel. Friendship fighting turning into love? Yes, please. Lover showing up in a Navy uniform to carry me out all Officer and a Gentleman style? Double yes, please. Hanging out with friends constantly. Yep. Sadly, none of this happened, except the friend part. We all had some good times.


I confess: That I cannot hear someone ask me, or anyone else- "How you doin?" without first thinking of good ole Joey Tribbiani.


I confess: That I always knew that Chandler and Monica would end up together from the very beginning. And I was completely ok with that. In fact, I was rooting for it, because that is the kind of relationship that I have always wanted. Go, Bing!!


I confess: That I think that each one of the six was equally as important as the other. Many argue that the show could've went on without Ross, or even Phoebe. To those people- you are very wrong. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. We needed all six, because we are greedy and love them all. ALL OF THEM.


I confess: I think that their version of playing football is awesome and the way that the girls tackled Joey was perfectly acceptable.


I confess: That I catch myself doing and saying a lot of things from the show in my everyday life. I also think that when you are trying to take something away from someone, that it is completely appropriate to jump on them and pretend nothing happened. Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch spit-on-your-neck fantastic?!


I confess: I was only four years old when the show premiered, but as I got older and started watching re-runs and the new episodes that I fell in love with all of the characters. Their journeys. And their jokes.


I confess: The Rachel/Ross and Chandler/Monica relationships set me up for failure in my own love life.


I confess: I am a lot like Chandler. Especially when I'm moving. And I have moved a lot. I get flustered and end up hating everything. I help as much as possible, but I think that it's acceptable to be a smartass in all areas of my life. P.s. It's not.


I confess: That I'm a little bit in love with Jennifer Aniston aka Rachel Green. But seriously, do you blame me? I would smack a priest if I could look like/be built like/have the hair of Jennifer Aniston. Just saying. Btw, I'm really not going to smack a priest, so rest easy.


I confess: That my cousin and I were just talking about Friends when we were pretending that we had to go undercover. Yes, there was alcohol involved. Btw, he is Princess Consuela Bananahammock, while I am Ike Applebum. You're welcome.


I confess: I loved that Ross said that he took Rachel instead of Emily, because I hated Emily. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Ross and Rachel were meant to be together. Those are just the cold hard facts lady.


I confess: That I could talk about this show and all the things that I learned from it, the things that I thought were funny, how much I miss the talks about "ugly naked guy", and so on and so forth, but I won't. I'll stop now. But just know, this is not everything!!

REALLY?!! REALLY?!! Could I BE any more crazy?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment