Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Did I do that? Nope.

Most embarrassing story, huh? Wow, you guys don't give in and show a girl any mercy. Let's see....well, yesterday I told y'all the story of tripping in high school and my dress flying over my head. That was pretty embarrassing. Umm? inert insightful pondering here Should I tell you about my first kiss? No. Should I tell you about the time that I thought that chick was a guy and asked her if she wanted to play football with us? Not a chance. Well....oh, I know! I'll tell y'all the story about being in the Waffle House after my Uncle Steve's funeral. Sorry. I have so much embarrassment to choose from.

This is more about being embarrassed, and not doing the embarrassing. My Uncle Steve (who was a badass in my mind- he was a a Marine) passed away about eleven years ago. We (Momma, Greg and I) lived in Tennessee and he had lived in Indiana. So we drove up and stayed at my Aunt Linda and Uncle Wayne's house. After the funeral Aunt Linda wanted us all to go get something to eat and for some reason we ended up choosing Waffle House. I'm assuming for their amazing hash brown choices, but I can never be for certain. Our waitress was a very nice young girl. She was pleasant, sweet, and timely. Basically, everything that you want in a a waitress. 

I did that job for three years, not always as easy as you think.

We were about through eating and she came to our table and asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything else. Momma said no that we would just take the check. She said ok and started to get our check out of her pocket. When all of the sudden, for which reason I'll never know, my Aunt Linda stuck her hand out, started rubbing our waitress' belly, and asked when is your baby due? To which the waitress replied- "I'm NOT pregnant". She wasn't mean, but clearly upset. As if matters weren't bad enough with that, then my aunt said- "Oh? so you've already had your baby?" To which she replied- "No. I've NEVER been pregnant". I wanted to crawl under the table and never come out! 

Needless to say we didn't get to-go cups and she got a really BIG tip.

Again, linking up with- Juliette, Faith, Allie and Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment