Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm glad that you gave me the post material to run with

Hey y'all! How are you doing today? You know, aside from the fact that it's Monday and Monday's are- Ughh! Raise your hand if you drank too much wine on Friday and looked up everything about Sons of Anarchy- Season 7! And found Gifs of said occasion! Also, who wrote an entire blog post being incredibly sappy while watching Dying Young?! What? No takers? Really? Just me? Ummm....oops?! 


On the upside of this I spelled everything correctly in said post (spell check while drunk- whoop whoop!), and ate some amazing tomatoes and candy while doing it, so you know, all is fair in love and war. Or something like that, I don't know. Like I said it's Monday. And for those who don't know what movie I was talking about- look up Julia Roberts classics. I love me some Julia Roberts from back in the day (i.e. this and many others). You're welcome. Anyways, I know that I didn't blog this weekend (I'm sorry, I was not anywhere near a computer....mostly), but I showed back up today and hope y'all don't mind!! Thanks for the questions girls, I can't possibly be responsible for coming up with material today!

Welcome to A Walk to Remember before A Walk to Remember. Kind of. Ok, not really, but it's really good and you should watch it immediately. I have. About a hundred times.

When I open the fridge, I always hope I find: Is this a trick question? Wine! Always wine! But also (so I don't sound like a drunk) tomatoes, squash, butter, milk, and yogurt. Damn, I almost sound healthy! Sans wine. But that's made of grapes. And I've been drinking blackberry, which is another fruit. So basically, fruit salad. Yeah, that's it. 

My favorite article of clothing is: Definitely my dark gray pair of Derek Heart sweatpants. I love them. Everyone is trying to talk me into throwing them away, because they are full of holes making it perfectly available to see my undies. (Yes, my name is Katie and I wear sweatpants in public. I also wear baggy shirts, and don't fix my hair or put on make-up. Whatevs, I'm 24, the window for showing my natural skin is only so much longer people!) 

Last week I was really pissed when: My brother decided to call my mother and be a t-total dilhole. How did I handle said action? Well, he just so happened to catch me after my second bottle glass of wine and I went off in a most ladylike fashion. As you can probably tell by my post from last Friday. I was in a real good position to write and talk to people. Oops?! It happens to all of us from time to  time, right?! Right?!! 

One thing nobody understands about me is: Sometimes I really like to spend time alone. a lot of time, actually. I like taking long showers and not wearing pants. I like drinking and watching multiple episodes of Law&Order: SVU and Sons of Anarchy or reading a good book. You know, and having a good cry. I have to do that while not in public, because letting people outside of my "blog world" know I have feelings? No, thank you, I'll pass. 

One thing I don't understand is: How people can be so damn oblivious to the pain that they cause others? I mean, seriously?! Quit being an asshole. And to break up the serious (I mean geesh- lighten up lady!) How do I dress? I don't understand today's fashion and I don't like most of it. Is dressing like the 20s-50s (decades not ages) acceptable? Because I like that. I really am a little old lady like Danielle and the rest of them say, and I'm perfectly ok with that. In fact, I love it!

The world would be a better place if: Everyone just got along and everyone got free candy all the time. I mean, diabetes would be up, but everyone would be a lot happier! I don't pretend to know all the ways of the world, but I do know that if people wouldn't be GIANT douchebags, that things would probably go smoother. 

If I had a million dollars I'd: Buy a small house (no mansion for this girl- too much cleaning and yard mowing, nope!), a car (a small/affordable one that's good on gas), put some money in the bank, make sure that my family was ok, and then donate the rest to the Wounded Warrior Project and St. Judes Children Research. I don't mean to come off as a saint, because I am far from it, but I would like to be able to help people. No matter how small or large my contribution. 

If I could change one thing about myself, it would be: I don't know. I know this sounds strange, but I rather like myself. I like that I sing off key and that my butt is a little too big. I like that I'm short, I'm pale and that sometimes I come off as cheesy and overly-sentimental. I like my weird sense of humor and the fact that not too much gets me down. I guess, maybe have bigger lips? No, that would make my face look weirder. Oh, I know! I would have the abs of Kate Hudson. Or Kate Beckinsale. Basically, any Kate besides me. 

Something that can always make me happy is: Ok, cheesy, but my Momma. She always knows how to make me laugh, smile, and gets all of my dumb jokes. Literally, if I make a joke that I find hilarious, that no one else does, she still laughs, because I'm laughing so hard. It's just great. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal and gnomes. I know, random and weird. But I'm not sorry. Jake Gyllenhaal always makes me very happy. He soothes me. Yes, that's right, Donnie Darko soothes me, damn it. Just playing, but really he does.

Something I'll never blog about is: I don't really know. I thought that I would never blog so openly about anything, but apparently I can't shut up at times. Word vomit much? Besides, I never like to say never. And yes, I know that I just said never. Redundant much? 

If I could go anywhere I would go: To Boston, Mass. or Salem, Mass. Or Chicago, IL. Or Texas. Or Maine. Or Nebraska. Or Ireland. Or New Zealand. Or Canada. Or New Orleans.
 
Because: Do I really have to have a reason? I know that none of these places sound particularly exotic or mysterious, but I'm a pretty simple girl. I like the cooler better than the hot (except Texas apparently, but they have football, beer, and bbq- and I love all of those things!!) 

If I were an animal I would be a: I would be a lemur. Why? Because I just asked my aunt and that's what she said. Apparently I'm cute, chill, and I have big ole eyes that catch your line of sight. I like her choice. A lemur it is!

A job I've always wanted is: An investigative journalist. When I was growing up I always wanted to do that. I wanted to travel, and explore, and write about the things that actually matter and make a difference. I even took all of the extra English and Economics classes in high school and graduated with honors. However, I also realized that sometimes life doesn't work out the way that you want and when you have responsibilities you make different choices. No, I didn't have to take care of my mom and grammy, but that is a choice that I made, and I don't regret it for even a second. 

My idea of a perfect day is: Ready for boring? Re-read the question that asks me about no one understanding me and the one about making me happy. Combine those two and add Charlie Hunnam, Jared Leto, or Jude Law and you've struck gold my friend. 

If I knew I'd die next week, this week I'd: Wow. What a deep question. This is something that a lot of thought should be put into. Ummm....no, thank you, though. I think I'll just hop off of here now. I got sappy enough last week. Thanks!

Linking up with Juliette, Faith, and Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment