Monday, July 28, 2014

Don't try so hard.

Today I'm meeting some girls so that we can all talk about not trying so hard. No, not when it comes to our jobs, families, or things of that nature. I'm talking about not trying so hard when it comes to your own "beauty". There are a lot of different thoughts when it comes to defining a beautiful person depending on who you ask. To me?

To me a beautiful  person has nothing to do with looks. It has nothing to do with their face. It has nothing to do with their body. It has nothing to do with their hair. To me beauty comes from the inside. It comes from the way that you treat people, and the way that you carry yourself. I don't care what you look like as long as you are a good/decent person. Because that's beauty!

Yesterday I wore absolutely no make-up, I didn't brush my hair, I just pulled it into a bun, and I had sweat capris and a baggy t-shirt on. And yes, I went out into public like that. I got a lot of different feed back from people, but mostly I heard that I looked tired, sick, one person asked me if I had been beat up on account of my black eye (Don't worry, I'm anemic and I have really dark circles because of my lack of Iron), and some people just simply snarled their noses and walked right passed. Some people didn't seem to give it a second thought and smiled.

You said center stage, right?! 
#NoFilter Just kidding....so much filter.

I'm very comfortable in my own skin. I didn't used to be. And even now I'm a bit self conscious. I could stand to lose some weight. My face could clear up and perhaps I could have my scars lasered off. I could have my hair done every week and I could get my teeth bleached. And you know what, when I want those things done, I get them done. Not for anyone else, but just for me.

If I want to put on make-up and fix my hair, I do. If I want to wear dressy clothes or sweatpants, I do. If I want to spend a little extra time in the primp department, I do. However, if I want to simply brush my teeth, wash my face, and pull my hair up, I do. And I do all of it for me. Why do I do all of it for me? Because I'm happy. I may not be thin, I have curves, and extra hips. My skin isn't perfectly clear, I have scars and acne on occasion. My hair isn't perfect, it's naturally wavy and most of the time unmanageable. My teeth aren't perfectly white or straight.

But you know what? I'm happy. And with happiness comes beauty. I usually always have at least a little bit of make-up on, because I like to tone down my red cheeks and nose, but my Momma caught me in a completely naturally way when she was in the hospital back in April, and for some reason, it's become one of her favorite pictures of me. Sorry that it's an Instagram one y'all, but I just don't have the original. I promise though, besides Instagram, it's me completely and one hundred percent natural. 

Linking up with The Florkens, Jade & Oak, and Treasure Tromp.

No comments:

Post a Comment