Friday, July 25, 2014

I just really wanted to show y'all this picture!!

Ok, so we're gonna see how fast I can write this and still make sense. Do I ever make sense? Don't answer that. If you're wondering why I'm writing this so fast, it's because I leave work in an hour and I won't finish this post if I don't get it done before I leave. By the way, don't tell anyone that I'm writing this from work. If the guys knew that they would have a freakin' shit fit. Just saying. So, our little secret? Good! We don't wanna be narcs around here. (wink)

Well, today had been one of those days that you really don't need to tell anybody about, but you do because you want them to bask in the boring with you. If I would have been told first thing this morning how this day was going to go, I would have asked if there was an alternative option. And if said option would have been performing a root canal on yourself without any anesthetic I would have given it some serious thought. Reasons I should have stayed in bed? Well, let me tell you just a few so you can feel my pain.
  • I watched the movie- Secretary (Starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader) last night and I'm pretty sure that I'm still emotionally scarred from it. Not so much the content or storyline, but because of the sound effects.
  • I've had a head cold/allergies/honestly I don't know what the hell it is so I've been having to medicate myself not only in the evenings, but also throughout the day. Which would be fine if I didn't have a full-time job that requires me to be present and conscious to perform. Ughh. Adulthood- boo!
  • Honestly, I just didn't want to get out of bed, because it was fluffy and warm, and my fan was hitting me just right, and my bear was all snuggled in, and I'm a big ole freakin' baby. Whatevs, I'm only speaking the truth.
Yes. Yes, it's been that kind of day. I don't really know how else to explain it. At one point I had my head resting on my hand on the desk trying to read through some paperwork and I think I fell out of consciousness for at least a minute, because my head slipped off of my hand and smacked my desk. But don't fear, because no one was around to see that. Dani was in the bathroom and the guys were all in a meeting. How do I know this? Because I heard Chris' voice and sense of humor raining down like it was dollar bills and he was in the strip club. No, don't get those kinds of thoughts about him. If I were ever to describe my cousin's husband to anyone I would say- "He's exactly like Walter Matthau....without all of the good jokes".

Aside from that now Dani has me listening to a random James Blunt album and I have no clue why. I don't have anything personal against the guy, it's just that, given the choice James Blunt wouldn't necessarily be my first choice in radio entertainment. That's all I'm saying. But what do I know? I've been quoting Robin Hood (1991 Kevin Costner and Christian Slater, bitches!!) and talking about Christopher Walken all day, so you know, there's that. I'll stop whining now. Oh!! But before I go let me tell y'all about my "duh" moment that happened.

Did I tell you that my Uncle Darrell, and two cousins (Joshie and Jeremy) go down to the Boogie every year? No? Well, they do and now you know for future reference. (You need to click on that link and read all about the Boogie too). Anyways they went this passed weekend with Jeremy's wife, sister, brother in law, and friend of Jeremy's. If you know anything about the Boogie then you know that it's located near the Crane Naval Base. And if you know anything about me then you know I love a man in uniform. Honestly, we're all friends here, so be honest (I won't tell) is there anything sexier than a man in a military uniform? I think not, but maybe that just me. Back to my story; so they all went down there this passed weekend (Thursday-Sunday) and had a blast. Well, while they were there Momma and I stayed over at Aunt Poot's with her and Solae so they wouldn't be there alone, and Uncle Darrell called Friday night and was talking to all of us (by all I mean I was under the influence and was hollering across the garage at Aunt Poot and she was relaying the message, while we were all laughing, and the following conversation ensued).

Katie: Tell Uncle Darrell to bring me a soldier home, since he's right there. I mean, it will save me the trip. Uncle Darrell: Tell her that I got Farmer right here and he's 6 years active with (insert a lot of military jargin in that I didn't understand here). He's a real nice guy, they'd probably love each other. {See y'all here's where it gets a little funny. Remember when I said a friend of Jeremy's went with them? Well, apparently his last name is Farmer, but I didn't know that.}} Katie: Tell him if I would've wanted a farmer I would have stayed in Tennessee, I said a soldier! **Aunt Poot relays message** Uncle Darrell: NO! He's not a farmer, his name is Farmer, ______ Farmer!! **Aunt Poot tells me** Katie: Ooooohhhhhhh! That makes much more sense. And then I dropped the whole thing until they got home and I asked Uncle Darrell where my soldier was and he was all- "I didn't know! You never said anything after that!!" Wherein I started hollerin- "YOU HAD ONE JOB!!" So after we messed around and teased each other for awhile, I got a t-shirt, but no soldier. Maybe next time ;) Hope y'all have a great/fun weekend!!

Linking up with Whit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment