Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sometimes you need someone on the outside to look in


"The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it's all that matters"
~Audrey Hepburn

Momma and Aunt Poot have talked me into taking off of work tomorrow to go Christmas shopping and out to lunch. They literally had to talk me into it. This made me wonder, and as usual, with a wondering mind comes questions. So, I turned to noodle like I do in most times of personal reflection.

I asked her when exactly we became adults. She replied with- "Since we started going through the house turning out lights to save on electricity. And you my dear, have been an adult since we were fourteen". I guess she's right. That's just how it goes in my family. The girls are kind of pushed into growing up early, while the boys, well the boys are still working on it. You might say it's a process. A working progress if you will.

She also was kind enough to inform me that even though I have been an adult since we were kids that I still have plenty of fun in me. According to her I have just the right amount of sweet, fun, sarcastic, young, wise, and a whole dash of sassy to make up the best kind of crazy that there is. I do believe that she's a much kinder friend than I deserve.

With all of that being said I would like to throw it out there that I'm actually excited about tomorrow. I really enjoy spending time with both of those great ladies. I don't feel out of place and even though I feel adult I also feel like a twenty-four year old as well. So, you know, it's the best of both worlds. Plus, there will probably be Mexican food included. And everyone that knows me well, knows that Mexican food is my favorite and then some.

Also, we'll have Solae this Saturday. I don't know what we're going to do, but I've been informed that we are to make fudge. She's eleven. This should be interesting. That reminds me, I have to go to the grocery store tonight. She demands gushers and says that I'm the coolest. I have a rep to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment