Friday, January 23, 2015

I wish I could say I wasn't tgif(ing) it

I actually have plans for tonight. Plans that have been made me for like a week. I know that you're super excited for me and that you just can't wait until I tell you what they are. When I told Charlie that I had plans she quickly started squealing- 'Oh yay Katiebeth!! You have a date!!' To which I replied- 'Yeah. Kind of.' In fact it's a dinner date. Annnddd...it's going to be a double. I know, you're super excited. Oh, you want to know who I'm going with? Well, I will tell you. It's actually me, Momma, Aunt Poot, and Solae. What? Disappointed? Yeah, whatevs, so was Charlie. She actually chanted- 'Boo!!' for a minute. RUDE. Don't worry about her though, she does it strictly out of love. She worries that I don't date, because she says that I'm going to die alone. Or something like that. I don't know, I only half ass listen to her. Hater.

Sunday night during the game Solae sat on my lap, laid her head on my shoulder and said- 'Katie. I need steak. And I need your company while I eat it, because you're awesome'. And then she looked at me with those big ole cow eyes of hers. Needless to say, she's getting steak tonight. By the way, I invented that trick and don't appreciate having it used against me. Ugh, if I only I were still cute and could wrap somebody around my little finger. That kid sure does have me wrapped around hers. I'm not sure when it happened either, but I think it was somewhere between my fourth drink, the second time she told me I was awesome, and the third Iron Man movie. Yeah, it was definitely somewhere in there. She's a great kid. Sometimes I want to smack her mother over her, but she's an awesome kid. She's tricky though. She waits until I've had a bit to drink and then talks me into either playing Nerf war or baking. Or both. Yeah, it's usually both. So, be prepared, because you might see a cake or something soon. Oh....a tye-dye cake. That's definitely happening.

So, I will be spending some quality time with three of my favorite ladies, having dinner, a little conversation, and quite a few drinks. What? Don't look at me like I'm an alcoholic, it's Friday night and it's been a long damn week. Besides, if I don't drink, how am I supposed to drunk text people? And by people I mean basically Erica and Bennett. They probably find my drunken rambling unflattering, but Erica's seen me naked (on accident...so she says) and Bennett listens to me on a daily basis, so they pretty much already know that I can be unflattering. Oops?! Plus, I need to pick up some sinus meds tonight. And yes, I take my sinus infection medicine while drinking, because MY MOMMA DIDN'T RAISE NO QUITTER!! I can literally feel your judgy eyes on me right now. And you know what? I don't care, because I'm in a really good mood. Have I mentioned how happy I am that it's Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment